Dolphins’ New Secret Weapon: The Running Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ New Secret Weapon: The Running Game

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
890673284.jpg.0.jpg

The Dolphins’ stable of running backs also looks better and more versatile than it has previously, with newcomers Frank Gore and rookie Kalen Ballage joining the always dangerous Kenyan Drake in Miami’s backfield. The common denominator among Dolphin running backs this season? All can pass block and all are capable receivers. Now, let’s have a healthy and productive training camp and go get those ten wins that are waiting for us in the regular season. It’s an exciting time to be a Dolphin fan.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/5/24/17388534/dolphins-new-secret-weapon-the-running-game

If Drake could duplicate the production of Nathan, I would be ecstatic. Imagine if Marino and Nathan had come into the league at the same time and played together for eight years. That would have been something to see..

Miami hasn't had a running back catch 50 passes in a season since Ricky Williams in 2003. The Dolphins have had two running backs from Alabama achieve the feat. Tony Nathan had five seasons with at least 50 receptions in a six-year span from 1980 through 1985, and Bobby Humphrey caught 54 passes for Miami in 1992.
Drake caught 32 passes for 239 yards and one touchdown in 2017 while starting six games and playing 45.8 percent of the Dolphins' offensive snaps.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/05/kenyan_drake_could_duplicate_f.html

Didn't realize the running game was a new secret weapon.

yep, praying for an average OL. what a luxury that would be for RT.

I know we aren’t expecting a deep playoff run but if we’re gonna be optimistic, let’s go with better than ten wins? It just seems like narrowly making the playoffs shouldn’t be the high end of predictions.

It’s the off season. We haven’t even had our annual discussion about how the defense is killing the offense in training camp, only to argue the opposite as soon as the next practice session. If we’re being optimistic I say 12 wins! Let’s secure the playoff spot a week early!

If Drake could duplicate the production of Nathan, I would be ecstatic. Imagine if Marino and Nathan had come into the league at the same time and played together for eight years. That would have been something to see..

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/05/kenyan_drake_could_duplicate_f.html

NO DK! F THAT! you are thinking too low........

IMAGINE.... if Marino and Nathan had come into the league at the same time and played together for 8 years IN THIS GENERATION OF THE GAME! that my friend would be scary

We have all the skill players we need. If Tannehill can stay healthy and the O-line does it's job then our offense will be fine this year.
We will be fine but still a 5-11 team. We truly need a #1 WR. Im doubting Parker, Stills, Grant and Danny A. Im just not comfortable with that.

We will be fine but still a 5-11 team. We truly need a #1 WR. Im doubting Parker, Stills, Grant and Danny A. Im just not comfortable with that.
A 5-11 team because of lack of a true #1 receiver? Sorry but I don't get that at all. MANY championship teams and even more winning teams do well with balance and good receivers.

The Eagles just won the SB without a legit #1.

The best WR in football can’t seem to get to the Super Bowl anymore. OBJ can’t even make the playoffs. An elite WR isn’t a need for a winning team, we’re not anywhere near as bad as we were when Brian Hartline was our #1 WR

The Eagles just won the SB without a legit #1.

The best WR in football can’t seem to get to the Super Bowl anymore. OBJ can’t even make the playoffs. An elite WR isn’t a need for a winning team, we’re not anywhere near as bad as we were when Brian Hartline was our #1 WR
Eagles ran a lot of two TE sets and threw a lot of screens to their backs. I think our backs are more than capable but we have no idea about the TEs. Eagles also have one of the best O-lines that can get out on the edge and the 2nd level for those screens...again...we don't know much about our new O-line, how quickly they come together is important and depth will also be important.

Back
Top Bottom