Dolphins not sexy enough for HBO | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins not sexy enough for HBO

Is this show worth watching? I've never heard of it before.

Normally I'd say yes, it's a pretty good show. Basicly it's just a lot of behind the scenes looks at a team and it's players during training camp and up thru pre-season. This year though you can probably pass, unless you want to watch a weekly show featuring Jaba the Rex and a certain metro sexual QB swing from a pole in a gold bikini.

Bring a puke bucket! :lol:

If asked, I bet we would decline anyway. I do not think Parcells and co. would want that type of inside exposure.

teams to appear on hbo's hard knocks have won a grand total of ZERO super bowls so who cares

It's b/c they appeared on the show? For 35+ years our two teams have won a grand total of zero Super Bowls so i'm sure it won't hurt us.

I may be wrong but hasn't every team to be on that show had a crap year immediatly afterwards? Much like the Madden curse? Here's hoping the curse lives on! :azmang:

Considering Cincy won their div last year i would say the answer to that question is no.

I have not watched one episiod of "Hard Knocks" and this does nothing to change that.

Net effect on NY8123 = 0.00%

I have not watched one episiod of "Hard Knocks" and this does nothing to change that.

Net effect on NY8123 = 0.00%

You are missing a great show, regardless of the team it's a show any football fan will love.

You are missing a great show, regardless of the team it's a show any football fan will love.
Agreed. I didn't get a chance to actually watch the series until this past year with the Bengals. And getting to see all that goes into training rookies and getting ready for a season is really cool. And when I was watching this past seasons shows you really got the sense that Cinnci was actually going to do something last year. They really had the whole "want some, come get some" attitude during the preseason. And I think if they would have had the injuires and the death of Henry to deal with, they probably could have made it farther than the first round.

Agreed. I didn't get a chance to actually watch the series until this past year with the Bengals. And getting to see all that goes into training rookies and getting ready for a season is really cool. And when I was watching this past seasons shows you really got the sense that Cinnci was actually going to do something last year. They really had the whole "want some, come get some" attitude during the preseason. And I think if they would have had the injuires and the death of Henry to deal with, they probably could have made it farther than the first round.

Absolutely, I picked Cincy to win that division after watching the show, I thought Dallas would struggle 2 years ago. We don't get as much access as we think we are getting but enough to get a good feel for a team.

I'm cool with not getting the attention. Seems like our teams motto almost. Even when we make Dansby the highest paid ILB, hardly anyone realizes it.

I am completely happy not being in the spotlight... we have too many convicts anyway.

Who wrote that article? The year before the Bengals was the Chiefs. The Ravens were the first team to do the show back in 2001. I posted a thread about this in the General NFL forum. NYJunc, I think it was him, posted all the teams that have done the series. Also teams place bids to try and get on the show. HBO doesn't approach the teams. At least that is what the articale implys.

Looks like it was Greg Cote. Same idiot that called them wimps or something like that for not taking Vick. Cote is a piece of crap! What he really means is screw football, screw the Dolphins, let's get a circus down here that fits the kind of crap I like to write.

I am waiting for the episode were Rex's stomach band gives way and he expands like the Nutty Professor when his potion wears off! Maybe firemen will have to use the Jaws Of Life to remove Rex from his golfcart!

Jets continue to out manuever this regime not only for talented FA's and draft picks, but now in the art of publicity.

For a team who's stadium is typically filled at 50% capacity, you would think Ross would pay to have the Fins featured on HBO.

But no....lest the Patriots tivo the dang series and learn about our double secret super complex offensive passing scheme!

I'm definitely not a Jets fan, but boy have they captured the headlines, and they fill their stadium.

Fins on the other hand, hey, they just signed another offensive guard! Wow!

Back
Top Bottom