Dolphins Offense Will Be on a Different Level in 2024 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offense Will Be on a Different Level in 2024

Agree the overall output was outstanding but the issue is what happens va teams like the Ravens Chiefs and Bills. They all handled this offense effectively.

And all 3 handled Miami’s defense just fine as well- especially Baltimore. The D hung in there vs Buffalo in that last game but when it came right down to it, Buffalo’s defense and ST’s made winning plays in the 4th qtr and ours didn’t. I’m not saying McD and the offense weren’t without their fair share of the blame but it seems like disgruntled Phin fans only want to place blame at the feet of the offense and give Fangio and the D a pass.

A portion of our fan base have some sort of axe to grind with McD, which I find incredibly strange. He was hired as a young, green, first time HC as well as first time playcaller. Statistically, he's delivered the best offense in the NFL during his first 2 years in Miami. There’s been plenty of growing pains as well but he improved in year 2 and I see no reason he won’t improve in year 3. So many fans are frustrated with him but I assume these are the same fans that don’t realize that Andy Reid didn’t just wake up one day as the best play calling HC in the NFL. Go look at his career path and see just how long it took him to become the HC he is today.

I’m not saying we need to give McD 10+ years, but our owner’s an idiot and I could just see our impatient fanbase calling for McD’s head after next season if it doesn’t end with a Super Bowl and Ross caving to the pressure. In fact, my recurring nightmare is that Buffalo misses the playoffs, fires Mcdermott, Ross fires McD after losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs and the Bills snatch him up to pair with Josh Allen. 😂

And all 3 handled Miami’s defense just fine as well- especially Baltimore. The D hung in there vs Buffalo in that last game but when it came right down to it, Buffalo’s defense and ST’s made winning plays in the 4th qtr and ours didn’t. I’m not saying McD and the offense weren’t without their fair share of the blame but it seems like disgruntled Phin fans only want to place blame at the feet of the offense and give Fangio and the D a pass.

A portion of our fan base have some sort of axe to grind with McD, which I find incredibly strange. He was hired as a young, green, first time HC as well as first time playcaller. Statistically, he's delivered the best offense in the NFL during his first 2 years in Miami. There’s been plenty of growing pains as well but he improved in year 2 and I see no reason he won’t improve in year 3. So many fans are frustrated with him but I assume these are the same fans that don’t realize that Andy Reid didn’t just wake up one day as the best play calling HC in the NFL. Go look at his career path and see just how long it took him to become the HC he is today.

I’m not saying we need to give McD 10+ years, but our owner’s an idiot and I could just see our impatient fanbase calling for McD’s head after next season if it doesn’t end with a Super Bowl and Ross caving to the pressure. In fact, my recurring nightmare is that Buffalo misses the playoffs, fires Mcdermott, Ross fires McD after losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs and the Bills snatch him up to pair with Josh Allen. 😂
You are not helping my insomnia dude. :oops:

Agree with your point about defense often getting a pass by fans while the offense typically didn't. Thinking back on the massive number of injuries in the 2nd half and Fangio trying to install his defense at the beginning of the year, they both showed signs of life. However, ST have been meh to horrible throughout McD's tenure.

And I hope Mastert is right that the offense will be on another level, but unless they add a lineman or 2 before training camp, hard to see how the OL will not be worse than last year.

I think you’re right.

My guess is that it’s because he’s young and doesn’t look and sound like your traditional coach.

It makes some people uncomfortable.

I mean to say that it usually means the team signed a big player in free agency, that didn’t so the only reach difference are a couple of down grades on the Oline, hopefully better health which brings it back up to par, Joni smith and Jalen wright

I don’t know if that’s enough to put it on another level but perhaps Odell might give it a bump
As stated, We improved at tight end, and wr. Added another explosive back, and it’s Tuas 3rd year in the system. If Reek isn’t chasing 2000 this year, there’s a real chance to be undefendable in the passing game as it there will always be good solid options open that will likely be mismatches. Last thing I’d like to see is one more addition at IOL, but other than that, on paper this is a better offense than last year. More depth for injuries at well in terms of rb and passing weapons. Just please, one more veteran IOL please please pretty please!

I remember McDaniel saying after signing Jonnu that the offense is going to take the next evolution. I think the TE position is going to be a critical part next season. My only concern is the OL.

I remember McDaniel saying after signing Jonnu that the offense is going to take the next evolution. I think the TE position is going to be a critical part next season. My only concern is the OL.
Don't forget Fortson as well he could be a sleeper, especially in the red zone

Don’t disagree. I was just commenting on the offense. I fear the scheme is a little gimmicky and works well against inferior opponents. But they need more toughness to the offense when that is needed.

I think you’re right.

My guess is that it’s because he’s young and doesn’t look and sound like your traditional coach.

It makes some people uncomfortable.
I just read about signs that the least intelligent people exhibit.
One was adapting to change. - LOL

So much so we choked down the stretch and did nothing in the playoffs once again. Fools gold
But I guess you bought it
Injuries had zero to do with that, huh?

I'm telling you. Some people want just really want to find something to be unhappy about.

It was the best offensive production the Miami Dolphins put up in a very long time. Best offensive production in the league. It's ok to be happy a bit.

As stated, We improved at tight end, and wr. Added another explosive back, and it’s Tuas 3rd year in the system. If Reek isn’t chasing 2000 this year, there’s a real chance to be undefendable in the passing game as it there will always be good solid options open that will likely be mismatches. Last thing I’d like to see is one more addition at IOL, but other than that, on paper this is a better offense than last year. More depth for injuries at well in terms of rb and passing weapons. Just please, one more veteran IOL please please pretty please!

^^^ THIS!!! ^^^

KC and BUF (2nd) game) scored 14 pts. That doesn't sound like "handled Miami's defense just fine." I agree BUF's defense and ST (as well as KC's) made "winning plays."
The flip side is, in the KC and 2nd BUF game, the Fins O scored 14 and 14. The same BUF team that allowed NE 14 and LAC 22 in previous weeks.
Yes, injuries were significant on O and D. But I blame O more than D. I'll not beat a dead horse, but I don't accept 'Miami had a top O, so stop complaining. Look at the last 8-9 games after the O was figured out. This O can be the most dangerous in the NFL, but it needs to learn to get out of it's own way. Many her aren't complaining the O was bad, but the O could have been much better.

The offenses stats, especially scoring were padded by beating up on teams like Denver but it did get handled by the better defenses like others have mentioned. The success of this years team will run through our HC and QB. If McDaniel can figure out how to call the proper plays at the proper times and Tua can perform off script when things break down it could be an epic offensive output.

Injuries had zero to do with that, huh?

I'm telling you. Some people want just really want to find something to be unhappy about.

It was the best offensive production the Miami Dolphins put up in a very long time. Best offensive production in the league. It's ok to be happy a bit.
Have you seen Easy happy? I have. Keep him grumpy is all I can say. Everyone has a role to play in this magnificent tapestry of thought and prejudice of which FH is such a magnificent example.

In other words...leave the clown alone 😂

Back
Top Bottom