Dolphins Offer Antuan Edwards a Contract! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offer Antuan Edwards a Contract!

Originally posted by plc001

Course standard of living is more expensive in Miami.

I'm sorry, I said "sales" tax in my original post. Of course Florida has a sales tax, I meant state "income" tax. And huh?, "the New York/New Jersey metro area has a lower cost of living than South Florida"??????? I don't think so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Ohiophinphan

I'm sorry, I said "sales" tax in my original post. Of course Florida has a sales tax, I meant state "income" tax. And yes I agree, "the New York/New Jersey metro area has a lower cost of living than South Florida"??????? I don't think so.

I never payed $13 for a hamburger, at Hooters, in Miami...I did in NY. (Manhatten)

If I had to decide between NY and Miami, it would be a lock to sign in the sunny state of Florida. Wonderful weather, great women, Disney world, a contender.

Easy choice.

He would have a chance at starting in either place. NY has a need in their DB as well. But, this guy is not a lock...he will have to prove he is back from his injuries. He is a former 1st rounder and has shown that he has the ability, but has been injured a lot, especially the last two years. Still, he might be an upgrade over Freeman, if he can shed the injuries...and since it sounds like he'll be the right price, at the very least he will provide some depth. The COL issue is a no-brainer, but I'm sure that is not all that he will consider when choosing...

The Jets suck if he loves football he would go to a contender which is clearly Miami

I hope he signs. He could give us depth behind both safety positions which more than likely end Wooden's spot on the roster. Hopefully we sign him and:
FS: Freeman
SS: Knight

Backups: FS/SS Edwards, FS Bell, SS Akins, and a draftee (I'm hoping Arnold Parker due to his speed 4.45 and his experience as CB for the past 2 yrs will come handy in coverage. He can hit hard and become a excellent starting safety.) This also means Yeremiah Bell panned out and is over his past injury problems. If the team drafts a FS look for Bell to be cut and be placed on the Practice Squad. I can't envision Miami carrying Freeman, Bell and a stud draftee at the FS spot.

You're forgetting about Wooden. He'll make the team. I look for Bell to be placed on the practice squad. We need to sign Edwards or Buckley because we still lack a dime back.

Originally posted by SMadison29
You're forgetting about Wooden. He'll make the team. I look for Bell to be placed on the practice squad. We need to sign Edwards or Buckley because we still lack a dime back.

Your probably right...

The one-year $535,000 is the minimum contract for a six-year veteran. Hence why the Dolphins and Jets are offering the same contract at this point of free agency.

I hope this bum choses NYJ. Hes all potential and injuries, nothing special. jets get him and we'll just be able to hit the deep ball on them too.

With Boston and Chambers, we already have two big, physical receivers. After his workout, he wont last past the Bills at 13.

Originally posted by Lukin
That worries me... they mustn't have much faith in Arturo Freeman.:(

I don't blame em. Just glad Wooden's back there too. He was never spectacular, but he was at least competent.

Back
Top Bottom