Dolphins on "around the horn" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins on "around the horn"

i2panzer

Practice Squad
Reaction score
first of all, if you don't watch this show... i dunno why! i never miss it.

Kellerman talked about Brian Griese's good showing. and the question is wether or not miami matters in the AFC hunt.

Cawlishaw/Mariotti- said miami isn't going anywhere because of december and they're a "groundhog day" team (the movie).

Smith- said that Jay fiedler is there man and is better. he also made great points about our D and that we will be a factor.

Woddy Paige- he said that this team will only go somewhere with Jay Fiedler because Griese is inconsistant. he is a known Griese hater though.

everyone pretty much said griese could throw 4 picks next week and it doesn't matter what he did this week. he is inconsistant, and at least with fiedler you know what you're gonna get and thats a solid preformance. maybe not "great" but solid. also they talked about his 33-15 record and having the best winning % as a starter.

NOTE: as for the winning % of 70. Look at Bulger who is 11-2 as a starter and how Warner is 0-9 in the last few years..

Jay Mariotti also said that there is no way that the Marlins could beat the Yankees in the World Series.

Do not take these guys seriously. They are mostly just talking out of their ***. They know as much as we do how good or bad the Dolphins will do this season.

I like the show, and I also agree with the guy who said not to take these guys very seriously. I do love that the Boston guy is the guy who made the biggest pro-Dolphins comments, though.

I missed todays show. If it's who I think it is, it was Michael Holley from the Globe. He's one of the few I read and respect.

FYI, PTI has the Dolphins on as I type - Kornheiser says Jay should start, based on record, etc. Wilbon agreed.

Jay's winning record as a starter is 99% because of a great defense.

Originally posted by Tailgater
FYI, PTI has the Dolphins on as I type - Kornheiser says Jay should start, based on record, etc. Wilbon agreed.

They dont watch any Miami games and they went by Fiedlers' 4-2 record with Miami this year that is misleading when crediting Fiedler with the wins.. Griese is Miami's best option at QB

All they talk about is Fiedler's 33-15 record. How annoying.

Don't listen to those guys. Listen to Salisbury and those guys who were on ESPN last night.

BTW, didn't Jaws predict 3 TDs for Griese last night? Hah...

Michael Smith is also good - I forgot that he was in the rotation.

Originally posted by normaldude

And I suppose great defense had nothing to do with last nights win? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by fairbanksb
And I suppose great defense had nothing to do with last nights win? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What exactly is Fiedler superior at than Griese?? It just seems as though you stand by Fiedlers side so you wont be wrong if Griese does not play well.. Last night, Griese did everything Fiedler is known for being good at excellently.. Griese was accurate on the short passes, stayed away from INT's, and managed the game real well.. Fiedler has been struggling with his accuracy, thrown too many INT's and has helped his offense score 19 points per game through 6 games.. What's so special about that??

ATH sucks. These sportswriter's opinions are meaningless. However, the Dolphins are still getting no respect from most, which I think is good. I think the lack of media hype is good for the team.

i'm willing to say that great defense, as much as i love them, had little to do with last nights win. i'm not saying they didn't play great... but the venue change, the home city is burning down, this crowd is pro dolphin, the home city is burning down... i'm even willing to say that those things helped BG look better. MISTAKE ME NOT. I WANT BRIAN. but the bolts were not at SunDevil, just their bodies were. not to mention, they already suck.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

What exactly is Fiedler superior at than Griese?? It just seems as though you stand by Fiedlers side so you wont be wrong if Griese does not play well.. Last night, Griese did everything Fiedler is known for being good at excellently.. Griese was accurate on the short passes, stayed away from INT's, and managed the game real well.. Fiedler has been struggling with his accuracy, thrown too many INT's and has helped his offense score 19 points per game through 6 games.. What's so special about that??

I didn't say anything about who is superior over who. I was just responding to the comment about 99% of Fiedler's wins being due to great defense. Griese did fine but SD was stopped 3 times in the red zone for 0 points. Our D intercepted giving the O the ball on the 6. If you want to give Griese the win than you have to give Jay credit for the wins he has. I will support whoever the QB is but I think Jay could have done just as well against San Diego. I think it is a team game and unless the QB is soley responsible for a win or a loss, then you have to look at overall team performance if you want to cast blame or give praise.

Originally posted by normaldude

oh so you would agree then that griese had defense play offense for him last night right?!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom