Dolphins Players React To Offensive Line Coaching Change And Multiple Lineup Changes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Players React To Offensive Line Coaching Change And Multiple Lineup Changes

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
upload_2019-7-31_4-36-12.jpeg

A day after changing offensive line coaches, the Dolphins made wholesale lineup changes in practice Tuesday, replacing two players who had been working with the first team and shifting the position of another.

In coach Dave DeGuglielmo’s first full day as the replacement for dismissed Pat Flaherty, rookie Michael Deiter and Will Holden took over the first team left and right guard spots, replacing Chris Reed and Jesse Davis.

“It was just like, ‘oh wow, interesting,’” Davis said of the coaching change. “Everything is kind of par for course as it goes right now. We’ve been here for three years, we’ve had like five different guys. It’s just part of the business. Stuff doesn’t happen right, there’s changes.

“We’re tough guys. We’re going to get stuff done. We’re going to protect [Ryan Fitzpatrick] and [Josh] Rosen. We’re not going to take any crap.”

Players said in his first day, DeGuglielmo brought more intensity to the position, as far as demeanor, than Flaherty.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article232388622.html

That's got to be a rough day at work for Flaherty's son Shawn who is a Dolphin coaching assistant.

That's got to be a rough day at work for Flaherty's son Shawn who is a Dolphin coaching assistant.

I'm pretty sure at his level he knows to just stick it out. Jobs can be scarce at NFL level at least till daddy gets new job. Nepotism and the good ole boy network are strong in the NFL.

Coach Dave started as an assistant I think, and he had time to observe what Flaherty was doing and not doing. I like this because Dave has been there the whole time. Nothing wrong with mixing up the line to get the best results and increased intensity is a great thing. If there is any unit on this team that needs more intensity, it's the O line

It's the NFL, that's how it goes sometimes. I remember after Tony Sporano was fired from the Jets, his son stayed with the team when Rex was hired.

Back
Top Bottom