Dolphins QB Prospect in 2006 Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins QB Prospect in 2006 Draft

Those of you supporting Chris Leak do realize that he's only around 5'11" tall, don't you?

Leak IS NOT COMING OUT IN 2006. He will stay all 4 years. Mark that down.

I would love to get Leak but we need a FRANCHISE QB BEFORE that. We need someone NOW, either by trade or some boneheaded team cutting someone loose. If we don't swing a trade for Rivers or Patrick Ramsey, we have to load up and go after Leinart, Charlie Whitehurst or maybe Pinegar.

NO reaching for prospects, we need a TRUE FRANCHISE QB. We were an elite team with Griese and Marino and we stink with journeyman QBs that no one else wants. Put feeley on the trade block and see how hard all other 31 teams laugh at us. They wouldn't give us the Mr. Irrelevant pick for him.

The OP's candidate is worthless. Not NEARLY high-powered enough for an elite franchise.

TRADE FOR RIVERS OR RAMSEY

Carolina_Dolfan said:
clear.gif

Name: RICHIE WILLIAMS
Class: SR.
Hometown: CAMDEN, S.C.
Height / Weight: 6-3 185
Position: QB

Top returning passer in the Southern Conference ... noted for his ability to avoid the pass rush and throw outside of the pocket. Pre-Season Division I-AA All-American and Walter Payton Award Finalist given to the nation’s top player in I-AA.

Williams became the first Appalachian State quarterback to garner first-team all-SoCon recognition since current ASU quarterbacks coach Scott Satterfield in 1995. Led the SoCon and set Appalachian single-season records with 3,109 passing yards, 234 completions, 24 touchdown passes, a .669 completion percentage and 3,393 yards of total offense.

PASSING GP-GS Effic Att-Cmp-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G
Richie Williams 10-10 158.39 350-234-10 66.9 3109 24 89 310.9

#7 QB Richie Williams Highlight Movie

Will you guys let this QB thing go and support what we have now...give it a rest already.

Frisches13283 said:
Omar Jacobs and Bruce Gradkowski are who I'm looking at. But, I think Omar might only be a junior(at least I think he has another year of eligibility left).

Im from toledo and have seen both play many times. Omar is going to be awesome imo, bruce will make a good qb also..............both are big guys.

OMG WHEN WILL THE QB THREADS EVER STOP we have 3 already 5 if u count the two guys on the practice squad..we are done with Qb's for the nex 3 years

No chance we waste a high pick on ANY QB in the 2006 draft.

Rohan Davey (LSU) is the very highly touted backup in New England and is a Free Agent next year. This guy has a cannon for an arm.

2006 draft and Miami on the clock: Before we start I just want to say "Welcome to Miami Rohan!"

PhinSoldia said:
OMG WHEN WILL THE QB THREADS EVER STOP we have 3 already 5 if u count the two guys on the practice squad..we are done with Qb's for the nex 3 years

3 years huh, you are the most optimistic fan I have seen yet.

The reason for the post is not to bash our current QB's but to say that we need to take a chance on a young QB next year in the 5th or 6th round to develop. Succesful teams like Green Bay, New England, etc do this all the time even though they may have solid QB's on their current roster. Would like to see Miami take a guy like Richie Williams in the draft next season to see if he may develop. Check out the Highlight video.....this guy can run, has a cannon and is very accurate.....worth a shot in the later rounds.

Chris Leak won't be a great NFL QB prospect. He is 6'0 if he's lucky and doesn't have a strong arm. He is a great college QB, but he is another Gators QB that won't translate into the NFL. Guys I like (some of them are underclassmen) are Omar Jacobs, Charlie Whitehurst, Reggie McNeal, Vince Young, Bruce Gradkowski, and Brodie Croyle.

:shakeno:

uhhhhh... can we go thru the 2005 season first BEFORE we look forward to draft day 2006

:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom