Dolphins Re-Sign Freeman, Release Three Players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Re-Sign Freeman, Release Three Players

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Dolphins Re-Sign Freeman, Release Three Players
The Miami Dolphins today re-signed safety Arturo Freeman to a one-year contract at the tender amount for a restricted free agent. Also on Wednesday, the Dolphins released cornerback Bashir Levingston, center Matt O’Neal and wide receiver Keith Stokes, all of whom had been signed as free agents this offseason.

what does that mean? is he only signed for next year? is he a free agent after next year? how much did they sign him for? what is the restricted amount?

Originally posted by OG54
what does that mean? is he only signed for next year? is he a free agent after next year? how much did they sign him for? what is the restricted amount?

He's signed for 1 year at the RFA contract level, basically what they tendered him at in March..next year he's an unrestricted FA..

Yes, Freeman's new deal is for one year. I am not sure what he was signed for, but it was for the amount designated to what he was tendered as (a fifth round pick I believe).

We probably gained a little space with his extension... it looks like Arturo might be the future of Free Safety for us.

thanks, does anyboday know the amount? so it's going either be him or sammy next year. it does not seem like we will carry both, unless we drop brock.

I'm pretty sure it's $375,000, I think that's the standard because Wale is looking at the same contract.

thanks, does anyboday know the amount? so it's going either be him or sammy next year. it does not seem like we will carry both, unless we drop brock.

Sammy's locked up for a few years....it'll probably come down to Arturo or Brock, but the Safety market has REALLY tanked for whatever reason. We'll get one of those two back for a good price.

Unfortunately, unless Freeman just completely stinks up the place, I believe this will be Marion's last year in a 'Fins uniform. I'll be sad to see him go, he's a class act.

His tender was for $605,000. That was his tender offer from the Phins back at the beginning of FA. But with Knight in the fold, I'd wait until terms are disclosed.

OH MY GOD THEY CUT BASHIR LEVINGSTON!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :lol:

Good to see Freeman has been signed. I really hope we can afford him next year too. I don't see him playing too much this year, at least not as a starter anyway, so signing him next offseason shouldn't be too difficult in theory. Especially since he is a safety. For some reason I seem to make more money than safeties do in this league.

Well now can we re-sign Wale to a 3 or 4 year deal.

guess keith stokes showed absolutely NOTHING in the camps because he was touted a a great return man that was probobly fighting for an actual spot on the roster......strange indeed....

Originally posted by Expo88
Unfortunately, unless Freeman just completely stinks up the place, I believe this will be Marion's last year in a 'Fins uniform. I'll be sad to see him go, he's a class act.

Agreed...I would like to see him comeback.

Back
Top Bottom