Dolphins re-sign Morlon Greenwood/Greenwood Contract Details | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins re-sign Morlon Greenwood/Greenwood Contract Details

one year deal...not too encouraging considering we have no long term talent/depth at that position unless eddie moore pans out, definitely keeps LB as an option at some point in this draft

I was hoping for a 3-year deal....

Count me as one that feels Greenwood is an up and coming linebacker that would be much more productive if they didn't take him out on third downs.

Consider this. He played 2/3rds of the snaps that Junior Seau got. In that time, Seau only had 4 more quarterback hurries than Greenwood. Seau was credited with 133 tackles. Greenwood quitely got 85 tackles despite playing only on first and second down.

What I like about Greenwood is obviously the speed he has, but also the fact that he rarely blows an assignment. The guy doesn't overrun plays and doesn't take himself out of plays. He's very assignment oriented, and that may be a reason that he doesn't make as many plays as some would like. IMO, he was a more solid linebacker than Seau last year because he didn't blow any plays. IMO, Seau took himself out of a lot of plays because of his freelancing style.

Yeah, he's definitely improved every year he's played so far.

Hopefully at some point we can extend him.

I think that we should sign Greenwood to a longer deal because he is started to become a real good LB. Plus he is younge so he can really be good in few years since he is learning from 2 furture hall of fame LB.

I like Morlon. He definately had a better year last year. I sure hope he breaks out and we are able to sign him long term. I would hate to see him bust out and then leave for big money to somewhere like Minnesota or something.

Greenwood is solid, but no difference maker. He needs to show he can make some big plays in order to get a long term deal from anybody. It is surprising that they didnt give him atleast a 3 year deal based on his age and his consistency, but maybe Greenwood only wanted 1. He is young and maybe he thinks he can be good enough this year to get more money next season. Thomas and Seau are both old, overrated liabilities in my opinion, so Greenwood is the best LB on our team IMO.

The things about Greewood is that he could be our MLB after Zach is done but now he might leave next year. Still, I'd not take a LB in round one this year. We should take one later on tho imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Greenwood is a decent LB, but we still need depth and possible replacement for Zach and Seau down the line. Greenwood doesn't fit the bill and neither does Eddie Moore.

How can you say Greenwood and Moore don't fit the bill? Have you even seen Moore play? :rolleyes:

I think the Dolphins want to see Greenwood improve one more time. And if he does, just how much.

The 1-year deal really doesn't come off as a knock IMO. Look at Wale and Chambers. They're in line for big money. And their play proves it. But the Phins are in no hurry to pay up when they don't have to. Not when they have to make a big splash THIS YEAR.

If Greenwood shows he can do it again, I wouldn't be suprised to see the team extend him mid-season. Same goes for Chambers. If we don't draft an impact WR, we can't afford to let him test FA.

I like Greenwood. I thought he played really well last year. Like KB said, he's fast and he doesn't make mistakes or get himself out of position. Very disciplined player. You don't see a lot of passes successfully thrown his way either.

I'm with BONEDOC7777, Miami should of locked him up for at least three years... he's a solid player who has good size

Back
Top Bottom