Dolphins re-sign safety McGarrahan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins re-sign safety McGarrahan

Are you supposed to sign a special teams player to a three year contract or do you think this is a sign that McGarrahan is moving up the depth chart.
How long did Wooden resign for? A year right?

Okay ice, who plays if Marion or Freeman gets hurt?
I said moving "up the depth chart" not "starting".
Do you really think you need to tell me that Freeman and Marion are our starters? That shows, that you think, I must be real dum.

Sign of things to come.

I think you might be on to something. The Pats signed Izzo to a multi-year contract primarily as a special teams player, but he is most certainly a backup linebacker for them as well.

Looking at the current roster, there isn't much at safety when you look past Marion and Freeman.

Phins Phan

Originally posted by inFINSible
Okay ice, who plays if Marion or Freeman gets hurt?
I said moving "up the depth chart" not "starting".
Do you really think you need to tell me that Freeman and Marion are our starters? That shows, that you think, I must be real dum.

Sorry, I misinterpretted what you said. I would assume he moves up the depth chart because Walker is gone, but I am not sure.

Well, I think inFINsible's point goes even further. Any player, in any given year, can move up or down the depth chart. I think what inFINsible meant is that because they signed him to a multi-year deal he not only moved up, he moved up and will stay there.

Either that or they think he's an elite special teamer.

It merits more discussion....

Phins Phan

This is a good move,,, McGarrahan is a head hunter (better than Izzo) 3 years seems a bit long, but I guess keeping good S-T players is going up like everything else. I do not remember how he got injured,, Gamble hurt his shoulder but McGarrahans injury is a mystery to me ! Both of these guy's - healthy and on the same team would be an opponents special teams coach worse nightmare. Marino1983:D

3 years is nice if he got a signing bonus since it will be prorated over the 3 years

Dolphins | More on McGarrahan - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
16:05 PT: Updating previous reports, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports S Scott McGarrahan's new deal with the Miami Dolphins is a three-year, $1.925 million deal that includes a $100,000 signing bonus.

So what's that....300,000$ year one, 600,000$ year two, 925,000$ year three, with the 100,000$ signing bonus.
Sounds like a 1 year deal to me, with the option to keep him if he proves valuable.

Back
Top Bottom