Dolphins resign Kendall Lamm | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins resign Kendall Lamm

I think this is an excellent signing. He is a very competent offensive lineman and it won’t surprise me if he doesn’t end up starting several games next year even if the OL doesn’t suffer multiple injuries.

While I still believe the Dolphins are leaning toward drafting an offensive lineman at 21. This signing might allow them to draft a defensive lineman with that pick and instead wait until the 2nd round to draft an offensive lineman.

All for taking an OT high in the draft if they are BPA.
But at least now like you posted it's not a huge must need for 2024 with Armstead and Lamm
Agree. Now at least they aren't in a position where they have to do anything in the draft, and makes the depth look much better.

Lamm was very underrated and under appreciated here most of the season…

Then, as our entire offense and offensive line imploded by end of the year, somehow he drew an unusual amount of scorn… referred to as an average level backup at best by a lot of people.

Dude played starter amount of snaps and was solid. He is what I consider an A level backup. This is the type of depth pieces that make for competitive teams.

Our starting OL is definitely weaker than last season as of right now but I would argue our OL depth behind them is already stronger. We are one RG away from
looking “about” as talented as last season with definitely better in terms of long term durability.

Great signing.

Agreed, 100%.

To me it was clear that the offensive line issues was IOL play not tackle.

Good signing.

I was wondering when this was gonna happen. I don’t think I’ve seen his name linked to a single team during FA. He’s more than serviceable backup who has proven he can start and perform in this scheme at both tackle spots. Valuable asset.

This gives Kion Smith more time to develop and get up to speed as they obviously like him a lot and could be grooming for the future LT.

If we draft an OT they are most likely going to have to play OG as a rookie.

I certainly don't want to draft somebody who will be playing OG in round 1. I would rather use a later round draft pick on that position.

Your only other real option is round 2.

You can't bank on a 5th rounder starting at RG.

Last edited:
I think this is an excellent signing. He is a very competent offensive lineman and it won’t surprise me if he doesn’t end up starting several games next year even if the OL doesn’t suffer multiple injuries.

While I still believe the Dolphins are leaning toward drafting an offensive lineman at 21. This signing might allow them to draft a defensive lineman with that pick and instead wait until the 2nd round to draft an offensive lineman.
They certainly could still go Tackle, but now they have flexibility. Even if they do draft a Tackle, at least he won't be forced to play before he is ready.

Well, if it's for one year, with the thought that 2025 with a full NFL offseason they would compete for Left Tackle I would be ok with that.
Not a fan of drafting a full time guard in round 1 late unless it was guaranteed they were the next Zach Martin/Q. Nelson All Pro for life guard.
If a really good defensive player is on the board like Latu or Verse it allows us to draft BPA instead of reaching for an O-lineman who we are going to move to another OL position.

Every day we get closer to the draft the more I feel like Miami's first round pick will be a WR or a defensive lineman. I just think all of the best offensive tackles will be gone by pick 21. I think it's likely six offensive tackles will be off the board before Miam's pick at 21.

Every day we get closer to the draft the more I feel like Miami's first round pick will be a WR or a defensive lineman. I just think all of the best offensive tackles will be gone by pick 21. I think it's likely six offensive tackles will be off the board before Miam's pick at 21.
Take the best player is the safe thing to do in Round 1

Back
Top Bottom