Dolphins: Ricky wants to run | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins: Ricky wants to run

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Dolphins: Ricky wants to run
The Texans were able to run a ton of plays (Stacey Mack had 27 carries) and keep the explosive Williams off the field. The running game also was ineffective on first downs, putting the team into more passing situations. Plus, Miami's o-line is a concern right now, as injuries and inexperience are evident. Don't be surprised if Ricky fails to hit 100 this week in New York, as the Jets held him under that benchmark in last year's home meeting.
disconcerning

''Our thought process is to give him 20 to 25 carries,'' Wannstedt explained. "He had 17, but we're generally holding the ball 30 to 35 minutes in the game. The lack of possession time probably led to the lack of utilizing him.''

Duhhhhhh Dave.......maybe if you gave Ricky the ball 25 times we would have controlled the time of possession! Even a 1st grader could have figured out that equation!!!

I think that Ricky is gonna go OFF this week end and bust a huge run!

The Texans kept our "O" off the field because we kept passing the damn ball. Give Ricky the Rock and let him Roll! There is no way that you let the guy only touch the ball 17 times. That is asinine, especially when we have the lead. I could understand passing the ball so much if we were losing, but with the lead, you have to give the ball to the work horse!

And the Texans kept our Offense off the field becuase they would put 6-8 min drives.

Originally posted by dean_siu
''Our thought process is to give him 20 to 25 carries,'' Wannstedt explained. "He had 17, but we're generally holding the ball 30 to 35 minutes in the game. The lack of possession time probably led to the lack of utilizing him.''

Duhhhhhh Dave.......maybe if you gave Ricky the ball 25 times we would have controlled the time of possession! Even a 1st grader could have figured out that equation!!!

Did you not read the Article? He just explained the reason why Ricky didn't get the ball more..How can he get more than 17 carries when our Defense is letting Stacey Mack carry the ball 27 times. By the way how many catches did Ricky have ? So he touched the ball how many times? So Ricki touch the ball 23 times Sunday. Come on people, don't you think if we start overdoing it with Ricky he might not last till the end of the season when we really need him..

Crazydolfan...that's a good point about Ricky. The hardest thing for a HC to decide is how much to use a certain player or players. You don't want him running out of gas at the end of the season..or worse yet injured!! Still, good points were made here...you get the Texans off the field and increase your TOP and Ricky gets more touches...theoretically of course. I expect the Jets to see a very heavy dose of Williams...and early too.

The Mezz

It's going to be a very fun game, in NY..I can't fricking wait. I wouldn't be suprise if a came down to a last minute field goal..

Ricky has proven throughout his career that he's a back who gets better with action. How many times last year did you see Ricky shut down in the first quarter only to end the game with over 100 yards? He doesn't even begin to hit peak performance until at least 15 carries....so if you're not gonna have him carry the rock more than 17 times, you might as well not play him at all. I don't have time to do it right now.....but if you look through the statistics for last year....they clearly dictate that if Ricky gets 25 carries this team wins a high percentage of games (and conversely, if it doesn't get those carries, the probability of losing is much greater!). Having the best rusher in the league and not using him when you are trying to run the clock out is just unexcusable for a high school coach....yet alone someone on the NFL level!

Originally posted by dean_siu

i think everyone is a little off on all this run ricky run talk. its true we need to run ricky, but we also need to get the ball to mcmicheal and Konrad and mix it up as well. we did not do that as much and when we did it opened it up for ricky.

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305

Did you not read the Article? He just explained the reason why Ricky didn't get the ball more..How can he get more than 17 carries when our Defense is letting Stacey Mack carry the ball 27 times. By the way how many catches did Ricky have ? So he touched the ball how many times? So Ricki touch the ball 23 times Sunday. Come on people, don't you think if we start overdoing it with Ricky he might not last till the end of the season when we really need him..

dont forget also that norv said in an article that they had ricky getting hte rock but the penalties set us up for pass instead. the problem is exactly what wanny said, as much as i hate to admit that, and that is that the penalties and lack of tackling killed us. if that penalty doesnt happen when ricky take sit to the two, we would not be talking about this.

Ricky needs to get 25 carries a game atleast. He said it himself..he has to get into sync.

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305

I never heard about people saying Marshall Faulk or Priest Holmes get too many carries or catches per game. You give the ball to your best player and Ricky is our bread and butter.

Guys don't forget, Ricky did bust one for 48 yards that was called back on an absolutely bad call........It would have put Ricky over the 100 yard mark and maybe sparked this bunch of underachievers.

Back
Top Bottom