Dolphins rookie WR DeVante Parker impresses quarterback Ryan Tannehill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins rookie WR DeVante Parker impresses quarterback Ryan Tannehill

Wallace was not disappointment. we just didn't used him right. the new wr are better for thill because they are younger. are they better??? we will see.

They aren't better for Tannehill bc they are younger. Wallace was 26 when he got here. They are better cuz they know how to catch properly. They have better work ethics and yes Parker will be way better then Wallace

Wallace was not disappointment. we just didn't used him right. the new wr are better for thill because they are younger. are they better??? we will see.

a common misconception, they tried using him in many different ways but as it turns out, the "one trick pony" label was fairly accurate.
he was a disappointment because of bad routes, bad hands and a bad attitude

Steelers fans. Read their comments on Wallace. Just saying.
Im waiting for the "Parker Impressed With Tannehill " Thread. Then i will be hopeful. Parker is the real deal. Tanny needs to move onto the next level in my opinion or we should accept #17 for what he is. Lets see. Im positive.

No Brandon Marshall, No Mike Wallace...........hmmmmm, when the new madden comes out I will not have a WR I can trade to some fool for some nice picks....

I'm not a big trader i like to keep my Dolphins the way they are but those two I traded day one.

I should hope that Parker and Stlls have good run blocking stats to go along with the pass catching stats. (I like to run the ball) People will want Lamar Miller but I always use at least two backs so I'm standing pat.........

I used to be "stuck" with the Dolphins, now i get to have them when others want them...sweet.......

After Wallace was traded my wife and I would listen to Joe Rose in the morning, and every time he'd say that crap we'd both in stereo yell at him. lol

Even after we traded for Stills some ppl were still saying how are we going to replace the 10 TD's that left with Wallace. Stills brought 6 TD's with him from the Saints. I just don't get it sometimes.

WTF? Who is "making up stories?" Nobody who wanted Wallace gone wanted him gone UNLESS we could fill the relatively minor talent gap he left. Yet people who wanted to keep him just assumed that Miami would do nothing to fill his tiny shoes if he was let go. While those who wanted him gone knew his size 4 Keds could easily be filled through free agency and the draft. It has nothing to do with when we got Jennings and Parker, it has everything to do with knowing Wallace's vacancy could be filled.

If Wallace was such a "minor talent" that could "easily" be replaced, how come we haven't seen similar production out of a wide receiver in more than a decade? That fact alone indicates that Wallace is neither a minor talent nor easily replaced. I'm happy that we got lucky and pieces fell into place for us at the position, but if Jennings had been signed elsewhere, and if Parker didn't unexpectedly fall to us, we'd be in the poop.

If Wallace was such a "minor talent" that could "easily" be replaced, how come we haven't seen similar production out of a wide receiver in more than a decade? That fact alone indicates that Wallace is neither a minor talent nor easily replaced. I'm happy that we got lucky and pieces fell into place for us at the position, but if Jennings had been signed elsewhere, and if Parker didn't unexpectedly fall to us, we'd be in the poop.
probably something to with the best QB production in two decades

I get the point but didn't Brandon Marshall post better numbers? That was only a few years ago. Just saying

You are correct in that he wasn't a disappointment...he pretty much was the player we thought he was...a limited route tree burner with a relatively small catch radius.

He was used incorrectly as he was the "number 1" guy and expected to be treated like such, but his skill set and ability screams number 2 complementary piece. Too often this team try to force him the ball, which is fine if you are a top 10 guy, but when you are nothing more then a high end number 2, it just doesn't work and takes away from the offense.

I get the point but didn't Brandon Marshall post better numbers? That was only a few years ago. Just saying

Not in the TD column. Wallace was the only double digit td receiver we've had in more than a decade.

The real difference maker this year needs to be Parker. He has to turn into the red zone threat we've been lacking. Had we gone into the season with Stills penciled in as our #1, I'd be concerned. I have no idea what Stills numbers would have looked like if he was going up against opponents #1 corners on a regular basis (something he hadn't face in NO). I like the Jennings signing because he brings some leadership to a very young squad, but I don't know how much he has left in the tank. I love Landry, but he's not the kind of red zone option that other teams will worry about too much.

The Phins over the past decade shouldn't be a barometer of anything. We couldn't top that mediocre production (yes, mediocre) because we had terrible FOs, terrible coaches, and terrible QBs throwing to mediocre-at-best WRs. Wallace is above average, when he chooses to be on the field, of course. Not overly difficult for a competent FO to replace, which I'm pretty confident they just did while at the same time saving a lot of cash and upgrading the unit as a whole for a few years.

...b/c we haven't had a QB like Tannehill in more than a decade.

The Phins over the past decade shouldn't be a barometer of anything. We couldn't top that mediocre production (yes, mediocre) because we had terrible FOs, terrible coaches, and terrible QBs throwing to mediocre-at-best WRs. Wallace is above average, when he chooses to be on the field, of course. Not overly difficult for a competent FO to replace, which I'm pretty confident they just did while at the same time saving a lot of cash and upgrading the unit as a whole for a few years.

...b/c we haven't had a QB like Tannehill in more than a decade.

In the entire league last year, only 8 wide receivers caught more touchdowns than Wallace did. Of course the quarterback plays a big part in it, but you also need to have a talented receiver. Folks call Wallace a "one-trick pony." Perhaps with Big Ben, Wallace could simply depend on his speed and Ben's arm, but on this team, that so-called "one trick" didn't mesh with our quarterback's skill set and it forced Wallace to do more than just fly past people. I was fairly impressed with his ability to adjust his game when it became clear that the deep pass wasn't going to be an effective weapon for us. Hopefully, the group of wideouts we have now will synch better with Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom