Dolphins | Scott drew interest from Saban | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins | Scott drew interest from Saban

Juan Cribbs said:
Dolphins | Saban ate dinner last night
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:05:10 -0800
Suzanne Halliburton, of the American-Statesman, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban ate a nice meal in the evening.

FLMAO

Juan, we really don't. He's sort of viewed as a bit of a tool and represented mediocre comedy of the time.

Finfanforever said:
Gee...I learn something everyday...no insult intended mate!

Hey, none taken at all mate. Hill wasn't nearly as popular over here as he seems to have been over there.

Juan Cribbs said:
Dolphins | Saban ate dinner last night
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:05:10 -0800
Suzanne Halliburton, of the American-Statesman, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban ate a nice meal in the evening.

:chuckle: post of the week

finforlife said:
I wonder if the Fins have interest in Cedric Griffin. I don't know a lot about him, but it sounds like he has the ability to play CB or safety and might bring the versatility Saban likes in the secondary.

Anyone have additional on him. Maybe a solid third round pick, or will he go higher?

I like Griffin a lot. He certainly came up big in big games for Texas, intercepting Leinart in the title game and Cutler in the Senior Bowl. At 6-2, he has the size Saban is looking for and is a good tackler. The scouting report on him is that he doesn't have great hands for the interception, but like you said is versatile and has played corner and safety. I keep reading that he will go 2nd or 3rd round.

Boomer said:
He also watched every player that worked out. Means nothing, except that Jon Scott won't be Miami's pick.

well, chances are you are right, but thats not exactly sticking your neck out there but I heard that Nick knows Jonathen Scott's family from trying to get him to LSU. I know Houck likes the Texas linemen. But your probably right, we wont be drafting him (unless he drops to the 3rd round). We have enough tackles. We need a center.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
I like Griffin a lot. He certainly came up big in big games for Texas, intercepting Leinart in the title game and Cutler in the Senior Bowl. At 6-2, he has the size Saban is looking for and is a good tackler. The scouting report on him is that he doesn't have great hands for the interception, but like you said is versatile and has played corner and safety. I keep reading that he will go 2nd or 3rd round.

I have had the feeling like he is as good as Huff sometimes when I watched Texas towards to the end of the season.

Boomer said:
He also watched every player that worked out. Means nothing, except that Jon Scott won't be Miami's pick.

Boomer, I've been a big fan ever since I joined the board, but your opinion has been blurring the lines of apparent fact lately in a manor that my logic fails to comprehend....how is Nick being interested on Scott 'mean that he won't be our pick' :confused:

HysterikiLL said:
Boomer, I've been a big fan ever since I joined the board, but your opinion has been blurring the lines of apparent fact lately in a manor that my logic fails to comprehend....how is Nick being interested on Scott 'mean that he won't be our pick' :confused:

I kind of don't get what you mean? Where does it say that Nick is "interested in Scott?"

Scott is a very overrated tackle, a pro RT not a LT. He's hugely inconsistent, a waist bender, a lunger, with awful mechanics at times. And he's not value at the 16 pick and he'll likely be gone by the time we select in the 3rd round, which is why he won't be our pick.

Back
Top Bottom