Dolphins Scrimmage Canceled | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Scrimmage Canceled

dougb123

Bringer of Rain
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
That’s a real bummer. Late notice too. Hope the fans on this site who were planning to go tomorrow see this.

Greg Likens‏ @GregLikens 20m20 minutes ago

#Dolphins officially announce that Saturday’s scrimmage at Hard Rock Stadium has been canceled due to weather & lightning concerns. The team will hold a practice on Saturday morning that is closed to the public.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0190802-lp6leluzqvhtxi6sd4as4wiree-story.html

That sucks.

Don't give me that lightning crap again. They upgraded the lightning deflection system over the entire roof plus you have 4 spires which function as lightning rods.

:bang: :rage

The only Dolphins game I ever went to was the Titans game last year. And they were practically begging to call the game because of intermittent lightning several miles away, but better judgement prevailed by the NFL and they finished the game 8 hours later. So I’m not surprised the local yokels are calling off a scrimmage 24 hours in advance of something that may or may not happen.

Now, if they could only have the same thing happen on Sunday's during the regular season. 16 cancellations might be the best outcome us fans could hope for this season.

#1 Florida: 24.7 Strikes Per Square Mile
  • 1,414,284 strikes per year with an average of 24.7 per square mile.
  • Five fatalities in 2012. A total of 32 since 2006.
  • 463 deaths from 1959-2011, which is the most of any state.
  • Based on a study by Ashley and Gilson in 2009, Florida also had 10 of the top 15 metropolitan areas with the most lightning fatalities per square mile from 1959-2006.
  • Meteorological factors: The close proximity of both Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic moisture make the Sunshine State a breeding ground for thunderstorms. During the summer, sea breeze fronts are a prolific producer of thunderstorms each afternoon. From late fall through winter and early spring, cold fronts slicing through the state can bring bouts of storms from time to time.

Well, the first pre season game is more important anyway tho the starters won't play much. But, who are the starters?

Back
Top Bottom