Dolphins second round pick 36 not 35? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins second round pick 36 not 35?

Greatness920

G.O.A.T
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how we had the 3rd pick in the first round but the 4th pick in the second round? I think that screwed us from getting Williams.

Please let me know how it worked. Thanks

The Fins were locked in on Javon Holland at 36 and would have taken him had Williams been on the board.

So some believe.

Only those in the war room privy to draft discussion know for sure. The media and fans are speculating.

Also, forget about anything the FO has said after the fact. 99.9% of GM’s, coaches, and other FO personnel are rarely ever going to admit to those outside the circle that they prioritized another player over the one they actually drafted. For obvious reasons.

So some believe.

Only those in the war room privy to draft discussion know for sure. The media and fans are speculating.

Also, forget about anything the FO has said after the fact. 99.9% of GM’s, coaches, and other FO personnel are rarely ever going to admit to those outside the circle that they prioritized another player over the one they actually drafted. For obvious reasons.
I'm pretty sure they openly discussed. They admitted to trying to trade back up into the first...and not for Williams but for Holland. And that is why Flo was crazy when he was still on the board in the second.

The Fins were locked in on Javon Holland at 36 and would have taken him had Williams been on the board.

I agree. I don't think it matters regardless. This an arguement you can have with just about every 1st and 2nd round pick, every year.

Taking a Safety like Jevon Holland at 36 seemed planned and not reactionary. A lot of people wanted Javonte Williams and Denver thought we did too but I am not buying it.

When that picked rolled around, we NEEDED a RT. That's what we passed on at 36 to take Holland. Obviously it worked out anyway trading up for LE.

I agree. I don't think it matters regardless. This an arguement you can have with just about every 1st and 2nd round pick, every year.

Taking a Safety like Jevon Holland at 36 seemed planned and not reactionary. A lot of people wanted Javonte Williams and Denver thought we did too but I am not buying it.

When that picked rolled around, we NEEDED a RT. That's what we passed on at 36 to take Holland. Obviously it worked out anyway trading up for LE.
Agree 100%. At that point in our roster construction, both a young FS and a young RT were our two biggest positional needs. We had already secured the WR and the DE. The team addressed our needs with an almost surgical precision. Moving up to get both our top FS and our top RT was an excellent use of draft capital.

Back
Top Bottom