Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft

This was the year to take a quarterback early and we were picking at twelve. We should have gone for Rosen. Thirty-one other teams are going to play football without Minkah. We got a starting center and left guard without using a pick. Franchise quarterbacks are very rare and hard to come by. You need to take the best early. The alternative is grooming a Doughty type for years and let him be coached at a high level until he finally gets it, gains some muscle, and grows into the job. You can do that if you have a Tannehill type that is going to be serviceable to good for a few years. This brain trust tried to run with Ryan and Moore who never got a snap with the first team in practice and was never considered seriously as a potential challenge to start. I think every back up quarterback should be coached as if he was a top first round draft pick. That’s been our problem.

there is reason why same teams are making playoff almost every yr in nfl... N.E, PIT, KC, GB, ATL, CAR, SEA
new team on block, dal, hou and
jax has completed team w out good qb...

This brain trust tried to run with Ryan and Moore who never got a snap with the first team in practice and was never considered seriously as a potential challenge to start. I think every back up quarterback should be coached as if he was a top first round draft pick. That’s been our problem.
I couldn’t disagree more. The QB position including backups was and is the least of our problems. We’ve had a scary bad offensive line, both in pass and run blocking, a porous run defense, a pass defense that made the likes of Geno Smith look like Joe Montana, we haven’t had a real TE since Keith Jackson or a real LB since Karlos Dansby, we’ve been one of the most penalized teams the league. All this has been ongoing for years and nobody knows if any of this is solved. I couldn’t care less about the backup QB situation.

I kind of agree with all that but this thread is specifically addressing that. We have other problems, this isn’t considered a priority here, which is just an indication that we aren’t really getting it together as fast as some of the homers like to think (every year)

We had the highest paid backup for years and where did that get us? When the starter did go down we didn't even use him and gave Cutler a 10 mil retirement gift.

We had the highest paid backup for years and where did that get us? When the starter did go down we didn't even use him and gave Cutler a 10 mil retirement gift.
They did use him in 2016 and after his performance, it was decided that Cutler was a better choice. Unfortunately, as it turns out he wasn't much better

I’d say lead horse is clelin Ferrell. Wide 9 fit won’t test top 10 worthy

Andre Branch replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami keeps ignoring the elephant in the room.

When I was a kid the pink elephant scene from dumbo used to give me crazy nightmares. Quite possibly the most disturbing my young 5 year old self had seen to that point.

latest

When I was a kid the pink elephant scene from dumbo used to give me crazy nightmares. Quite possibly the most disturbing my young 5 year old self had seen to that point.

latest
Tannehill
Gase
Tannenbaum
Ross

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolp...ould-draft-qb-in-the-first-two-rounds-in-2018

I agree. This is the draft to take a QB high. I’m not buying QB is the least of Miami’s problems and that Tannehill is going to come back 100% with no setbacks. Miami needs a backup plan. Decide on a QB you like and go get him. No waiting on him to fall to you. Matt Moore and Cutler shouldn’t even be considered options next year. Tannehill is coming off an injury where his mobility will probably never be the same, and we all know he’s better on the run. He’ll be 30, and wouldn’t have played a game in 2 years. I wouldn’t put all my eggs in that basket. If he gets hurt again and Miami doesn’t Draft a QB high, it’s another season down the drain.

Best case scenario is Miami gets their QB within 1st two rds, Tannehill comes back the same or better than last season and Miami has to make a decision on paying Tannehill and grooming their QB until Tannehill is done or sign and trade Tannehill and go with their new QB for the future.
Drafting a QB high? if that's the benchmark for talent then we're screwed.

Back
Top Bottom