Dolphins Should Look At Ryan Mcneil.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Should Look At Ryan Mcneil....

We actually shy away from local talent.

This is false. We take a look at local products all the time if for no other reason than the fact that they are local. I bet you like a full quarter of the phins roster (and I mean the 90 man roster) probably went to high school in FL, if not specifically in the Miami area. The phins pay special attention to UM players all the time, as well as UF and FSU players.

Anyway there's no doubt in my mind that Ryan McNeil is a better starting CB than Jamar, Omare Lowe, Alphonso Roundtree, and Korey Banks...better on the outside than Terrell Buckley too, though TBuck would definitely have the edge as Slot CB. I've seen McNeil play, yes recently, and I've seen all of the above play. But still, I fully expect that with the injury to Bryant Westbrook up in Packerland, that the Pack will make a play for McNeil and that is a full one too many teams for competition because at this point if we signed McNeil he would battle with Jamar for the rights to start on the outside should Sam Madison or Patrick Surtain go down, and with McNeil's unfamiliarity with the defense he might not win that battle. So we're lookin at a guy replacing Omare Lowe's roster spot...so it had better be a veteran's minimum contract at the MOST.

Just not really worth it for us. Even at the vet's minimum I think...to me with the presence of Jamar, TBuck, and Lowe, it would be overkill.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Broncos tried to look into McNeil as well...Hell they just had 5 cb's in and didnt sign any of them, but decided to sign good ol Ben Kelly.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

This is false. We take a look at local products all the time if for no other reason than the fact that they are local. I bet you like a full quarter of the phins roster (and I mean the 90 man roster) probably went to high school in FL, if not specifically in the Miami area. The phins pay special attention to UM players all the time, as well as UF and FSU players.

Not trying to start a war between us or anything but how many guys (on our team) are from a Florida College? List 7 If you can.

Originally posted by Prime Time

Not trying to start a war between us or anything but how many guys (on our team) are from a Florida College? List 7 If you can.

I count 5.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Boomer
Prime Time. We aren't signing Ryan McNeil. And we won't be. We are stacked in the secondary. And how many games have you seen Omare Lowe in to have such an insightful judgement on him......"he sucks". You go you hardcore Dolfan you.

Stacked? :rolleyes: A team can never be stacked at any position. BTW, I have seen Omare Lowe more than you have...I will guarantee it. I have seen him in about 7 Training Camps this year....and Omare Lowe is nowhere near as good as McNeil is/was. If we do sign McNeil I bet he makes this team over Lowe and Lowe goes to practice squad (even if that). I like the way that post started....just said my name and a period at the end. Then the "insightfulness" of it going on to say we aren't signing McNeil. I guess what you say goes...?

I think Oliver's probably got it about right. One of the reasons we dont have that many UM players at the moment is cuz they get drafted too damn high.

But that doesn't change the fact that every year when we bring in our top twenty or whatever we're always bringing in local Miami products. Every other name I read in an article about a guy we signed says he's a Miami high school product. The last thing we do is avoid local products. We embrace them. How many of the UM products that hit the NFL and made it in the past 3 years were either first round picks, or 2nd round picks picked too high for us? Almost all of them.

Originally posted by Prime Time

And where would you like us to get one?

well, i might look seattle's way in a few weeks for starters, but in case you are not aware, we need a LT more than anything. agreed? where we find one is not my job, that is spielmans job, and he does his job well. why on gods green earth would we get another CB? we are set at CB. how bout even getting a LB? geez this one is not brain surgeory.

Of course a team can be stacked in one position. Do you think watching Omare Lowe in practice makes you an expert? How many games of his at Washington did you study? Doubt it was as many as I did. There's no way we would sign Ryan McNeil. None at all. It's not insightfulness, it's just common sense.

It is not an argument whether McNiel is better than Lowe & Co. He is not coming in here to be a 5th CB - at worst a 3rd CB and temp. starter til Pat is back

Back
Top Bottom