Dolphins should wait to draft a RB next year.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins should wait to draft a RB next year..

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Its a pretty good class imo.
-Cedric Benson
-Cadillac Williams
-Darren Sproles
-Walter Reyes

I wouldnt freak and trade for someone now.. I think RB by committee with what we have could work alright..

You can take Cadillac off that list.

If we wanted him we'd have to go 5-11 or 4-12. A more realistic option from Auburn would be Ronnie Brown.

DD28.. Who knows.. A key injury now and we could very likely end up with that record..

You gotta consider everybody as an option for next year at RB. You never know what trade may happen between now and then either.

We also have to wait and see about the free agents next year...there's some pretty good names out there. If we sign someone like Edge, Shaun Alexander or DeShaun Foster, then drafting a RB (in the 1st round at least) might not be a top priority.

Cadillac needs to prove his durability. He's a dynamic runner when healthy, however, he has been injured in each of his three seasons at Auburn.

A guy I like a lot is T.A. McClendon at North Carolina State. Marion Barber at Minnesota is supposed to be a great running back prospect as well. A guy who was pinned behind Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown at Auburn is Brandon Jacobs. He has transferred to Southern Illinois, so he will get an opportunity this year. He's 6'3", 255 lbs and can run a legit 4.4 forty.

The best overall up and coming running back prospect, IMO, isn't eligible for the draft. That would be Tyrone Moss at Miami.

Noodle Arm said:
We also have to wait and see about the free agents next year...there's some pretty good names out there. If we sign someone like Edge, Shaun Alexander or DeShaun Foster, then drafting a RB (in the 1st round at least) might not be a top priority.
I agree - I think that DL and perhaps WR will be priorities in the draft next year...the Phins should wait and get an experienced and proven back in FA or a trade..

KBISBACK said:
Cadillac needs to prove his durability. He's a dynamic runner when healthy, however, he has been injured in each of his three seasons at Auburn.

A guy I like a lot is T.A. McClendon at North Carolina State. Marion Barber at Minnesota is supposed to be a great running back prospect as well. A guy who was pinned behind Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown at Auburn is Brandon Jacobs. He has transferred to Southern Illinois, so he will get an opportunity this year. He's 6'3", 255 lbs and can run a legit 4.4 forty.

The best overall up and coming running back prospect, IMO, isn't eligible for the draft. That would be Tyrone Moss at Miami.
I go to SIU so I've seen Jacobs. He is 6'4" 255. We are ranked number 1 in division 1-AA this year in some early polls. Anyway, he is a big big boy for a RB. He runs a little tall for a pro prospect at RB but obviously hard to take down. He is here to get himself into the later rounds of the '05 draft. I'd love to see him get a shot with the Phins although I am bias.

there are too many cane homers on this board

Actually, I don't like the 'canes. I think it is a disgrace that they have allowed Willie Williams onto that campus.

KBISBACK said:
Actually, I don't like the 'canes. I think it is a disgrace that they have allowed Willie Williams onto that campus.

The whole NCAA is littered with thugs throughout its many programs

MelbournePhin said:
The whole NCAA is littered with thugs throughout its many programs

That's why I like what Sly Croom is doing at Mississippi State right now. He's getting rid of the rubbish. Nick Turner was probably our best player, and Sly booted him before the spring. Nick was already on his second chance after being put on probation for a counterfiet money scandal, but after he failed to attend class, make the grades, and attend the offseason workout program regularily, Coach Croom kicked him off the team permanently.

He then suspended the starting center, Chris McNeil, after McNeil was involved in a drunk driving accident. Players that aren't making the grades? They are in some junior college right now and probably won't be back.

Back
Top Bottom