Dolphins sign CB Mario Edwards | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign CB Mario Edwards

I watch a lot of tampa games also because the rest of my fam is die hard fans he doesnt suck they just miss use him i think if miami does a lot of zone defense and if he can adapt to playing safety things might work out

Nappy Roots said:
he sucks, i watch every bucs game cause im in the tampa area, and hes garbage
Its amazing what the system can do for a player. For instance: Donnie Abraham as a Buc >>>> Donnie Abraham as a Jet. Joe Horn as a Chief <<<<<<<<< Joe Horn as a Saint.

He'll be alright. It's not even the veteran minimum we're giving him and that's fine. He's just a decent guy to play in bump-and-run. Alright depth, but I don't care really about this signing. Why not sign Rob Morris that would be a good signing.

a lot of guys are bad mouthing him... he aint gna be any more than a dime CB... and tbh, he isnt terrible... better than jimmy wyrick.

FiN.in.RI said:
That's funny. Will he be Surtains' replacement though? I think it's too early to tell.

He's pretty overrated, and not as good as Reggie Howard. He's the 4th guy to come out of my hometown into the NFL though. First was Terrell Buckley, huge a##hole, hated rooting for him when he was on our team. Then Shane Matthews, Kez McCorvey and then Mario Edwards. T-Buck and S Mathews were on the same team. one of the top 10 teams in the nation that year. With that QB and CB combo, our average score that year was about 50-3 every week.

Nublar7 said:
Wow is all I can say. He might compete for the starting job(if Surtain is traded), but I bet the real winner is between Howard and Poole. Still, Mario is a better choice then re-signing Wyrick. We need the depth.

Yeah, i'll take Edwards over Wyrick.

The thing about Jimmy Wyrick is, he's a helluva special teamer. You like for your 2nd and 3th stringers to be solid positional players. But if they can't play special teams, you're in trouble.

Muck said:
The thing about Jimmy Wyrick is, he's a helluva special teamer. You like for your 2nd and 3th stringers to be solid positional players. But if they can't play special teams, you're in trouble.

True, the thing I like about Saban is we have much better depth this year. Just wait until the draft, and June cuts. We will have some very good competition for starting spots this year and be able to replace injured players with more confidence.

With us signing Edwards it might mean that Poole could move to FS, but that is a slight chance that he will. So i guess we wont draft a CB atleast until the later rounds.

As long he isn't Surtain's full time replacement I'm happy.

All I remember is Fiedler and Chambers lighting up the Cowboy defense last Thanksgiving, with Mario Edwards on the receiving end for much of that beating. I had flashes of Bud Brown and Paul Lankford.....no!!!

Anytime you sign a starting corner from another team to be your bime (#4) cornerback, I think its a solid move. At best, he will provide excellent depth.

PhinDude88 said:
With us signing Edwards it might mean that Poole could move to FS, but that is a slight chance that he will. So i guess we wont draft a CB atleast until the later rounds.
why would we move one of the best second year CBs to FS??

Back
Top Bottom