Dolphins Sign Cris Carter; Place Gadsden On I/R (link-merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Cris Carter; Place Gadsden On I/R (link-merged)

for the site news...

[intro]The Miami Dolphins today signed wide receiver Cris Carter, the NFL’s second all-time leading receiver, to a one-year contract. Also on Monday, the Dolphins placed wide receiver Oronde Gadsden on injured reserve with a wrist injury that he sustained in a game on October 13 at Denver.[/intro]

see http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=2318 for details

another link...

Carter comes out of retirement to join Dolphins
coach Dave Wannstedt said. ``It's probably going to take him a couple of weeks to learn the offense and get in playing shape. How quick all that happens will determine how much he plays.''

``Even if he's just on the sideline hanging out, he'll be a big plus,'' linebacker Zach Thomas said. ``He'll bring some leadership and teach our guys some things.''

Dolphins | Carter Debut Coming 11/4 -

10:56 PT: Miami Dolphins WR Cris Carter said his trainers told him it will take him ten days to two weeks to get back in on-field shape. “I’m in good shape,†Carter said. “I’m not in play 60 plays a game shape, but I’m in good shape.†He plans to play in the team’s Nov. 4 game vs. Green Bay. He said he hasn’t thought about his role yet, noting he doesn’t view himself as a starter or a backup at this time. Carter said the coaching staff has told him they’re going to break him in slowly.

Whats his number going to be? If its 80, what are they changing McKnight's to? I gotta know so I can fix my Madden team......

Originally posted by BMarion31
Whats his number going to be? If its 80, what are they changing McKnight's to? I gotta know so I can fix my Madden team......
they talked about it yesterday on CBS, but never really concluded anything :confused: something like McK would not have to sell it to Carter

another link...

WR Cris Carter signs with Dolphins; WR Gadsden on IR
Thanks to some prodding by Dan Marino, Cris Carter is headed to the Miami Dolphins

"When I told Danny that Miami called he went ballistic," Carter said at a news conference on Monday. "He said 'you just have to do it. You can still play.' I said, 'Dan, you're crazy.' But the more I thought about it, I really missed playing. And HBO supported me and told me they would continue to pay me even if I signed with Miami."

Back
Top Bottom