Dolphins sign WR Mohamed Sanu | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign WR Mohamed Sanu

Should have signed Julio Jones instead....but now he is a Buc.

bye bye Preston williams ? Would make sense since Williams for his size is not really a physical blocking wr

Sorry, it was 16 catches in 11 games.That includes 3 he played at the end of the previous season.

My bad.
His catches/targets/yards have still been decent over the last two seasons....especially for a guy that isn't doing anything more than competing for a roster spot.

Last two years: Sanu has 32 catches on 48 targets for 355 yards. That's a 67% catch rate and 7.4 ypp.
Comparison:
Preston Williams in the last two seasons: 24 catches on 51 targets for 358 yards. That's a 47% catch rate and 7.0 ypp.
Mack Hollins in the last two seasons: 30 catches on 53 targets for 399 yards. 57% catch rate and 7.5 ypp.
Isaiah Ford in the last two seasons: 40 catches on 61 targets for 437 yards. 66% catch rate, 7.2 ypp.

Not every move is meant to bring in an impact starter. Some moves are for competition with the possibility of getting a roster spot. At this point in his career Sanu is a guy who will provide competition for depth.

bye bye Preston williams ? Would make sense since Williams for his size is not really a physical blocking wr

I'll take Sanu and his presence over Williams and his "Jump in the air for a waist lev pass" quite honestly. Williams would put up better #s but if it came down to these two, in my opinion we have enough numbers guys I'd rather have the presence.

Absolutely nothing wrong with taking a flyer on a guy going into training camp. He probably won't be here in a month, though.

Back
Top Bottom