Dolphins' signature win looking even better after Week 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' signature win looking even better after Week 7

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
There’s little doubt that the Miami Dolphins caught the San Francisco 49ers at the right time back in Week 5 of the 2020 NFL season. The Dolphins, who entered the game desperate after a narrow loss to the Seattle Seahawks, played a 49ers team that had injuries at just about every significant position on the roster. And Miami, to their credit, took advantage with a decidedly dominant 43-17 victory over San Francisco that week, a win that helped catapult Miami back into the thick of things in the AFC East and the wildcard chase.

Miami’s three wins this season have come against Jacksonville, New York and San Francisco — and that 49ers game looms large as a critical confidence booster to this Dolphins team. It’s looking even more impressive this morning on the heels of San Francisco’s second consecutive win in Week 7 of the season.

More here>>> https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...gnature-win-looking-even-better-after-week-7/

If Miami was playing New England this week I would say Miami would probably be favored for the first time in a long time vs them.

Watching the Rams right now and they look pretty pedestrian, they're record is based on just sweeping the NFC East lol

If Tua proves to be an upgrade over RF this year, we could be sitting pretty come playoff time. Not to get ahead of myself but bringing him in now is a gamble I am glad the coaches are making.

If Tua proves to be an upgrade over RF this year, we could be sitting pretty come playoff time. Not to get ahead of myself but bringing him in now is a gamble I am glad the coaches are making.
I'm surprised the coaches made the move so early, but I'm glad they did. Gotta find out what they have in Tua.

Without that vaunted defense, the Rams would be less than pedestrian.

Realistically most rookie QB's don't touch the 95 QBR that Fitz has right now.

Realistically most rookie QB's don't touch the 95 QBR that Fitz has right now.

Realistically Tua isnt most rookies. I am just saying it seems like one of those moves that will either be great or bad. Make or break for our season.

Herbert at 108 rating. Nowadays 95 rating isn’t as good as it used to be.
Good for Herbert. That's likely to average out and if it doesn't it will be a rookie record. Expecting guys to come in and perform at a record pace is unrealistic. Also worth noting that with that rating has come a single win so far.

Last year's ROY had an 87.4 rating. The year before winner had 93.7. Joe Burrow has 89.4 People need to be realistic about what Tua is going to deliver out of the gate and over the course of a season, but asking anyone to be realistic in regards to Tua is a bit much I guess.

Good for Herbert. That's likely to average out and if it doesn't it will be a rookie record. Expecting guys to come in and perform at a record pace is unrealistic. Also worth noting that with that rating has come a single win so far.

Last year's ROY had an 87.4 rating. The year before winner had 93.7. Joe Burrow has 89.4 People need to be realistic about what Tua is going to deliver out of the gate and over the course of a season, but asking anyone to be realistic in regards to Tua is a bit much I guess.
Cool stuff. Didn’t mean to turn this thread into another Tua one.

If Tua wasn't an upgrade over Fitz he wouldn't be getting the start.
Tua wouldn't be starting if the team though he would embarrass the team. And I don't think he will. But the reality is Tua is starting because they want to get his on field development and experience started, not for this year but for next year or the year after, when the actual timeline for the team to compete will come into play. If he even plays comparable to Fitzpatrick it will be a big bonus.

The reality is we're sitting here as fans seeing our team 3-3 and wanting the team to excel and make the playoffs cause it would be fun. The organization is looking at a couple year plan and saying, if we're competitive before this it will be a bonus, but our target date to be a competitor is year 4 or 5. They don't want to throw out all stops to be a fringe playoff team in year 2. They want to be a legitimate contender in year 4. That's why Tua is starting - its better for year 4, not year 2.

Back
Top Bottom