Dolphins stadium-Miami Air port | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins stadium-Miami Air port

Djavelin

Head Dolphin In This Pod
Reaction score
I was looking at the google map and i see the Mia int airport is aways away from the stadium.Im planning on going to the Mia-Oak game.My question is.How far is it really from the air port from the stadium,and is opa-locka
air port better to get to the stadium.I most likely wont be driving cuz i have no license.But i am very good with directions,and i can take the bus if i need to.Any input from Miami natives would be helpful.I hope that i can get as much info as i can before i plan thius journey.

Miami here i come.

Been down 8 times and have flown to FLL the most. It's closer and nicer IMO. Is Opa Locka Airport even for passenger flights?

I agree with the others. Fly into FLL

I was just looking at google and opa looked like it was closer,but i dont know if passenger flights go there.
Is there a hotel that is close to the stadium.I want to be as close as possible to the air port and hotel.

Thanks.

I agree fly into Ft. Lauderdale. Airport is much easier to get in and out of and it is easy to get to the stadium. Simplest way (maybe not fastest, but simple) - Airport is on 595. 595 west to University Drive, south to stadium on your left.

Im actually thinking of coming down for this game also. I was thinking about staying at the Homewood Suite Hotel by Hilton right next to the airport. Probably will just rent a car and drive to the stadium. It looks like a little distance, but only seems to be like only 3 streets you need to get to the stadium. I think the google map showed like NW 27th street which brings you straight to the stadium. Im hoping to get this trip planned and booked. Ive yet to come to a Miami home game.

why don't you guys PM FFiC, or Megatron, or Screamer.. they stayed in FLL last year for the KC game where we all hooked I'm sure they could help you out.

Also, Fort Lauderdale Airport is a breeze to get in and out of... I can't stand dealing with MIA, and will only do it when flying overseas.

Yes go to FTLaud/Hollywood, but the traffic at the airport is pretty bad, sometimes more so than Miami, but its worth it, since its so much closer to the stadium, its nicer and is located in a better area.

You really want to see a win, huh?

That's the only reason I can think of for going to an Oakland game. But Miami usually loses to the bad teams and beats the good ones, so it's a double-edged sword.

Sunday traffic?

Stuart and Ft Laud are many times different man. i was driving at 11 pm the other night and i got caught in traffic(in concert or event around where i was driving). Sunday traffic is bad due to church and just people being off from work driving everywhere, S.Fl traffic sucks, 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom