Dolphins stadium-Miami Air port | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins stadium-Miami Air port

Stuart and Ft Laud are many times different man. i was driving at 11 pm the other night and i got caught in traffic(in concert or event around where i was driving). Sunday traffic is bad due to church and just people being off from work driving everywhere, S.Fl traffic sucks, 24/7.

brother we can certainly reach an accord there... I WISH I had what it took to put up with the traffic, because I surely love Miami.

You know you're in the Bible Belt when there's actually traffic from people going to church.

Yeah i hate the raiders.Plus i live near oak.I might go to another game though.I cant wait to see Miami at home.

FLL is the nearest commercial traffic airport. MIA is too far and OPA is only used for general aviation. If you stay at a nearby hotel pick one that has a van service that can pick you up. From there you might be able to have another fan give you a lift.

Are you coming out from northern CA?

If so it will be difficult to get a direct flight to FLL. So weigh your options. A one leg flight to MIA or a two leg flight to FLL. Because you lost your license and you are looking for the closest, I would go with the two leg flight to FLL. And if you are leaving from northern CA you would leave out of SFO and fly to CLT (Charlotte) then connect to FLL all on US AIRWAYS.

Good luck, hope this helps.

I went last year to the Minnesota game and flew into Ft. Lauderdale. It was a breeze. Easy in, easy out, and easy to find the stadium.

I was looking at the google map and i see the Mia int airport is aways away from the stadium.Im planning on going to the Mia-Oak game.My question is.How far is it really from the air port from the stadium,and is opa-locka
air port better to get to the stadium.I most likely wont be driving cuz i have no license.But i am very good with directions,and i can take the bus if i need to.Any input from Miami natives would be helpful.I hope that i can get as much info as i can before i plan thius journey.

Miami here i come.

Yeah just go to FLL I live in South Florida and honestly didnt know that Opalocka had a Airport lol.But theres a Hotel right next to the Grey Hound Track which is also right next to Dolphin Stadium I believe the hotels called El Palicio or something like that dont know how it is though

FLL is the nearest commercial traffic airport. MIA is too far and OPA is only used for general aviation. If you stay at a nearby hotel pick one that has a van service that can pick you up. From there you might be able to have another fan give you a lift.

Are you coming out from northern CA?

If so it will be difficult to get a direct flight to FLL. So weigh your options. A one leg flight to MIA or a two leg flight to FLL. Because you lost your license and you are looking for the closest, I would go with the two leg flight to FLL. And if you are leaving from northern CA you would leave out of SFO and fly to CLT (Charlotte) then connect to FLL all on US AIRWAYS.

Good luck, hope this helps.

I think you were the only person so far to actually help the guy out. The key was he has no liscense and you were the first person to mention finding a hotel with a shuttle. I dont think you want to pay the cab fare for any of the trips so finding a ride from the airport and then to the game was paramount. Also you threw in the crucial flight info. 4 star response.

Since Ive only been a couple times and am not from there I will try to throw in a few tips that might help. BRING SHORTS. Take some shades; even if the sun isnt out, there are hot women you might want to look at for extended glances without everyone knowing. Dont wander too far away from the stadium when youre in that area. Find people to give you a ride that have their trunk transformed into a cooler of beer. If you get a chance go to Shulas original steak house.

I was looking at the google map and i see the Mia int airport is aways away from the stadium.Im planning on going to the Mia-Oak game.My question is.How far is it really from the air port from the stadium,and is opa-locka
air port better to get to the stadium
.I most likely wont be driving cuz i have no license.But i am very good with directions,and i can take the bus if i need to.Any input from Miami natives would be helpful.I hope that i can get as much info as i can before i plan thius journey.

Miami here i come.

:lol:

You won't find a flight into Opa Locka unless you're in with some "smugglers" if you catch my drift.

As many have said, fly into FTL.
For hotels stay on the beach somewhere if you can spare a couple bucks.
Why come if you're not going to enjoy the beach while you're here?

Don't stay at the crap hole hotel right next to the stadium, it's a filthy stye.

As for not being able to drive I'd bet you could find someone on these boards to hang with, catch a ride and tailgate for the game. That would be my plan rather than taking a hotel shuttle which may not even run you through a traffic nightmare. Regardless of others saying a hotel shuttle is a must, they have limitations as to how far and to what situations they'll drive you in. No hotel is going to want their shuttle tied up for well over an hour in traffic problems.

Any1 have any idea about costs of taxi's from either South Beach area or Ft. Lauderdale area to the stadium.....thanks for the help

teh mia airport is in the middle of a war zone..

construction wise, always and you don't want to stay at the hotels

near there, i know by experience...

Back
Top Bottom