Dolphins Talent Level Quote - Whaddya think? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Talent Level Quote - Whaddya think?

Where Are The Dolphins Talent-wise?

• Among the elite 4-5 teams in the NFL

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Above Average

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Mediocre to above average

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Just average

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
Originally posted by RikWriter
You don't have the #3 defense in the NFL, the leading sacker in the NFL, the leading tackler in the NFL and the leading rusher in the NFL with mediocre talent. Mort is full of it.
Our problem is and has been coaching.

That's a fact jack! Get rid of Wanny and Bates and we will look like a real team. Not half assin' it late in the game.

i really dont care what any news guy thinks or says. it was one game for crying out loud! they still think Houston is a sucky team. let them find out on there own and just watch them change their tune.

Of the last three losses, can anyone point to one game where lack of talent was the reason we lost. And don't go picking on Fiedler. He may not have a rifle for an arm, but he doesn't lose ball games. Jay tried to make the play that our offensive 'genius' called. Kerry Collins could have made that pass. But Collins still makes bad decisions sometimes. Jay Fiedler makes very good decisions under center. Ok so you say 2nd and 7 is an obvious passing situation....all the better reason to run. And even if you do pass, please, not that pass. Throw it to McMichael or even to Konrad in the flats. Keep the clock running and use all 4 downs to your advantage. I stand by my guns and say that we have some of the most talented players in the NFL

Our players aren't over-rated it's the fact that they get stuck in ****ty schemes and can't do anything about it. You've heard our D complaining for a while now.

We already know the only superstars on Offense are Ricky (and maybe McM) if he can do what he did at the beginning of last year.

The Decline

I have been a FinFan since 1971. I a seem a lot of trends over the years. The Dolphins are definitely on the way down. From 1996 to 2002. 8-8, 9-7, 10-6, 9-7, 11-5, 11-5, and last year 9-7. This year 7-9 or 6-10. Teams come and go in cycles.

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
Ok so you say 2nd and 7 is an obvious passing situation....all the better reason to run. And even if you do pass, please, not that pass. Throw it to McMichael or even to Konrad in the flats. Keep the clock running and use all 4 downs to your advantage. I stand by my guns and say that we have some of the most talented players in the NFL

It was 2nd-and-7....until Todd Perry was called for a false start (wrongly). The play was a run. But after the penalty it became 2nd-and-12.

Of course Miami has some great players, most teams do. But talent wise you are lacking right now in some crucial areas:

Offensive Line: Ricky and your defense covered up what this line cannot do: pass-protect.

WR's: One of the worst corps in the NFL.

LB's: Zach makes a lot of tackles for a reason, he has no help.

Your strength is your defensive line which is one of the best in the league. But Gilbride and other coordinators have learned the best way to slow the pass-rush, run right at your DE's. If your D-Line doesn't get to the QB you are in the situation the Bills were in last year, good players at CB cannot cover forever.

In summary I think the Dolphins have the talent to be a very good team. But their lack of fire and coaching make them average to mediocre. It's a long season. If you guys win in Jersey you have a chance at doing something this year. But if you lose (And history is not on your side there recently) your team will have a VERY VERY tough time getting to 9 wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by baalworship
Of course Miami has some great players, most teams do. But talent wise you are lacking right now in some crucial areas:

Offensive Line: Ricky and your defense covered up what this line cannot do: pass-protect.

Fiedler generally has enough time to pass. He isn't often sacked. That's all you can ask from these guys. Consider Tampa Bay last year, where Brad Johnson was sacked a LOT and protected by a much worse O line that nonetheless won a Superbowl.

WR's: One of the worst corps in the NFL.

Bovine scatology.

Back
Top Bottom