Dolphins | Team looking closely at Lawson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins | Team looking closely at Lawson

phinphan11 said:
Another example of the team doing their due dilligence....

Exactly. The Dolphins will look closely at practically anyone who may be available at that time. It just receives more attention because it's a position of need.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
I dont understand why cuz wed be dominant at the lb position.

Because Saban is to smart to put all his eggs in one basket. We're not the Lions, we don't spend all our money on one position.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Taylor is fast for a DE but not fast enough to be a lb in the 3-4

Where do you think he played last year in the 3-4?

I was a fan of drafting Lawson early however after reading and hearing that some feel he is a Project and not a sure thing as a LB I might consider another LB if thats the pick.

Lawson I feel now will be a Boom or Bust....I still have a gut feeling he could be a great Rush LB ala Kevin Green in Capers old steelers D however I am not sure what responsabilities the SLB has in Sabans D, I recall seeinf Seau blitzing alot in the Jets game, however I cant seem to remember Spraguen doing much blitzing.

So I dont know I love Lawson's atheletisim over Carpenter & Greenway however I feel both of those players would make a faster impact, who would be the best of the 3 well I dont know.

phinphan11 said:
Another example of the team doing their due dilligence....

Nope. There is legitimate and very strong interest in Manny Lawson at pick 16.

FACT.

zodiak said:
I was a fan of drafting Lawson early however after reading and hearing that some feel he is a Project and not a sure thing as a LB I might consider another LB if thats the pick.

Lawson I feel now will be a Boom or Bust....I still have a gut feeling he could be a great Rush LB ala Kevin Green in Capers old steelers D however I am not sure what responsabilities the SLB has in Sabans D, I recall seeinf Seau blitzing alot in the Jets game, however I cant seem to remember Spraguen doing much blitzing.

So I dont know I love Lawson's atheletisim over Carpenter & Greenway however I feel both of those players would make a faster impact, who would be the best of the 3 well I dont know.

For the most part, any LB we take at 16 will be somewhat of a project. With the veterans we have on the team, we can bring them along slowly until they are ready to take over. It may be the first game or the 8th. The point is, Lawson could learn alot from playing behind and with Jason Taylor.

Wow. It amazes me how little people really know about this team. We have a linebacking corps and we play a hybrid 3-4 formation. JT plays the OE position. We have 3 other linebackers. Crowder and Thomas are 2 of them. 3-2 = 1 last time I checked. Why would we draft Manny Lawson AND Sign Arrington to play ONE position? I will gladly take one or the other but I would never want BOTH as long as we still have JT playing the OE position. The only way it makes sense to have Lawson and Arrington is if we plan on getting rid of JT next year.....

Unless he was a QB, I would like our 1st round pick to see the field immediately....

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Imagine Lawson and Arrington in the 3-4 D blitzing da livin' doodoo outta the qbs:eek:

Dood that wood be awesum! Then we kould have JT sitting the bench with his 11 million cap hit serving them water. Or else we could move him to SS......

If we get Lawson and Arrington, one of those 2 or JT will sit. I can't see that happening unless you intend to not start Lawson until JT retires.

Finfan86 said:
cuz if we get LaVar we have bigger needs to fill at DB, WR, OL then making our LBs outstanding instead of just great

We beefed up the secondary via FA we could draft Lawson,Mcclover/Mcintosh/Leon Williams,safety Darrell Hunter a wr a dt and a cb or OL.Itd be sweet to have a lb corps like the steelers.

he's a good question who would you perfer Lawson or Arrington? I would say Lawson because he doesn't have the injury history and would cost less. also, Lawson has better on the field awareness than Arrington does. I know Saban can fix that with Arrington but still

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Taylor is fast for a DE but not fast enough to be a lb in the 3-4
:lol: Are you serious? He runs a 4.6 forty, which is faster than many of the OLBs playing in the NFL.

nick1 said:
he's a good question who would you perfer Lawson or Arrington? I would say Lawson because he doesn't have the injury history and would cost less. also, Lawson has better on the field awareness than Arrington does. I know Saban can fix that with Arrington but still

That and Lawson is more versatile.

Imagine our 3-4?

LDE: Carter
NT: Traylor
RDE: Holliday

OLB: Lawson
ILB: Thomas
ILB: Crowder
OLB: Taylor

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom