Dolphins that need to pack their bags | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins that need to pack their bags

I agree Ruddy has played respectively this year. I wouldn't dump him unless something big comes along like how we went after Kreutz last year. Spriggs needs to go back to the bench. I wouldn't mind seeing an interior line next year of Nails, Ruddy and McKinney. That way McKinney can learn from Ruddy and get playing time as well. Plus ad that with Wad and maybe in two year you have Nails, McKinney, and Wade anchoring your line while bringing a couple of free agents or someone up through the draft.

I couldn't disagree more, in fact I'll start a new thread to get the board's opinion. Ruddy is getting knocked off the line, he has NO power.

I agree fin-atic I think Freeman is the weakest spot on the D. I keep waiting for him to get better but it doesn't seem to happen,it's seems he's always out of position to make a good hit. And I think Ruddy is the weakest spot on the O. He does ok pass blocking, but when it comes to run blocking against a decent DT he get shoved in the backfield.If the D-lineman gets one of Ruddy's hands down he's in the backfield. At times he does well but not when they know miami is going to run.

Ruddy is not good enough. We are only settling with him. We need an impact player there.

The O line just is not very good. We knew that going in and we became enchanted with some good runs by Ricky. Now the reality is coming ou tthat they are average made better by a good back. The only keepers I see there are Wade, Nails, and Dixon, if he cna stay healthy.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Ruddy is not good enough. We are only settling with him. We need an impact player there.
McKinney will replace Ruddy - we need another OG and LT

I love Nails. He's been the best player on the OL by far. He's solid in the run game.....suprisingly when he's pulling too. Somtimes he gets pushed back in pass protection. But I think that was more about technique than anything else, since he's very powerful and has looked much better in that area the last few weeks.

Nails has SAVED our O-line this year. Without him, we would be totally screwed. I look for him to have a great career with the Phins, pro bowls in his future.

Originally posted by Muck
I love Nails. He's been the best player on the OL by far. He's solid in the run game.....suprisingly when he's pulling too. Somtimes he gets pushed back in pass protection. But I think that was more about technique than anything else, since he's very powerful and has looked much better in that area the last few weeks.

Agreed Muck, Hopefully Nails Keeps the weight off. I keep looking at him and thinking, man I hope he's not gaining weight.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
and get the hell out! I'm in a sour mood when it comes to Dolphin football today. They had best get thier **** together, and fast. Players who need to go this off season:

Todd Perry- why we signed this clown in the first place is beyond me, he couldn't drive a pop warner player out of the hole

Tim Ruddy- he gave us some good years but he's finished

Marcus Spriggs- KBG made him his bitch, nuff said

Brent Smith- take you and your ACL to retirement

Ray Lucas- ouch, we need a real back up QB

Mark Royals- niiiiice punt on Monday night before the half, asshole

Scott Gaylon- have you contributed ANYTHING this year?

Tommy Hendricks- see Gaylon

Bench Greenwood and sign a starting calibur OLB

Anybody else I'm missing that needs to get packing???

:yell: I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! We

yeah Sam Madison. he is way overpaid. u see you mentioned the obvious. it doesnt take may brains to figure out the guys you mentioned. but those are lower paid guys in a lot of instances. and the problems of guy like greenwood and others is not that he cant play, but that our defensive coordinator is tom olividottie in disguise. he sucks. he should be the first one to go . i would make a bold move and trade sam madison for a first round pick and get a LT or QB.

Originally posted by dolphan39
McKinney will replace Ruddy - we need another OG and LT

We need:

A defensive coordinator

A Left Tackle

A QB

Another CB who doesnt cost us 10 mil per season and still give up big plays.

a Bigger LB for cold weather teams who seem to run over us by mid season(but that wont happen cus we are so enamered with our stinking Defensive scheme that is total BS!

which reminds me: we need a couple of new DT's!!! and lose rob burnett and jay williams they suck! Tim bowens needs to go to he is a fat lazy piece of $H!*

Tommy Hendricks??? Are you not watching this guy on special teams? He's a demon ST player and our number one back-up LB. He's the only back-up LB worth his salt on the roster. Gaylon and Twan Russell are emminently replaceable.

Mark Royals? He has punted extremely well all year.

And as for that Jamar Fletcher, his play has been vastly improved the past month. He is the best tackling CB on the roster and his coverage has been sound. He's been on the field an awful lot, but hasn't been challenged. Teams have been leaving him alone and going after Madison. Why? Watch the film and see how tight Fletcher has been in coverage.

I agree ruddy is not a great Player but he is not th major concern here, We can make this a great line even with him as a starter, but we need to seroisly work on the rest of line except for nails

tommy hendricks came up big in the goal line stand against the colts. where is some of this crap coming from? tim bowens a "fat, lazy, piece of sh$#?" see how much we miss him if he goes down. as for all these people to get rid of, there's this thing called the salary cap...

i say get rid of lucas first and foremost. i agree with the half of you guys calling for ruddy's head. i have never liked this guy, and don't think he plays very well, especially the run. spriggs, gone. freeman, gone, twan russel, gone.

and drafting offensive linemen is a crapshoot at best. the best place is from another team via free agency.

i have to agree with williams, burnett, and bowens, too. they haven't shown anything this year. what's up with that?

nails is doing great, and i'd like to see mckinney in the lineup to see what he can do.

i think rosenfels will do fine, i say give him a chance next time lucas falters, even a little bit. i think lucas totally stinks, based on his last two games. this is especially hard, after all the feidler bashers kept going on and on this whole pre season. where are they now, huh?

and i'm not impressed with bates defensive play calling either.

Back
Top Bottom