Dolphins, The QB & The Draft -- | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins, The QB & The Draft --

nopony said:
Regardless of how bad his team was, the fact remains that he is a conditioned loser.

Huh? Explain. If that's the case, or a knock against him, then by your logic the following qb's should have been rock solid choices: Jason White, Chris Weinke, Gino Toretta, Ken Dorsey, Craig Krenzel, Matt Mauck, Rohan Davey, Danny Wuerffel, I could go on...weren't they conditioned winners? What happened? It's the other side of the same coin. Could it be that the teams they were on made them look a lot better, helped them win a lot more games than they should have? BUT - I'm with you on the 'football fuhrer' thing...what the hell is that? Too many 'Hogan's Heroes' episodes?

cowtowndick said:
Huh? Explain. If that's the case, or a knock against him, then by your logic the following qb's should have been rock solid choices: Jason White, Chris Weinke, Gino Toretta, Ken Dorsey, Craig Krenzel, Matt Mauck, Rohan Davey, Danny Wuerffel, I could go on...weren't they conditioned winners? What happened? It's the other side of the same coin. Could it be that the teams they were on made them look a lot better, helped them win a lot more games than they should have? BUT - I'm with you on the 'football fuhrer' thing...what the hell is that? Too many 'Hogan's Heroes' episodes?

You're right, the "conditioned loser" was a bad way to put it.

Let me put it this way...

Leinart and Young get a check mark next to their names as guys who have proven they can win consistently at the highest level.

Cutler doesn't get that check mark.

That's all... there are a whole lot of check marks in quarterback evaluation. That's just one Cutler doesn't get... and not even his fault... but we can't do it over with him at Texas and see... so we can't know.

I certainly don't think that winning in college means you will win in the pros... it's just a plus.

nopony said:
You're right, the "conditioned loser" was a bad way to put it.

Let me put it this way...

Leinart and Young get a check mark next to their names as guys who have proven they can win consistently at the highest level.

Cutler doesn't get that check mark.

That's all... there are a whole lot of check marks in quarterback evaluation. That's just one Cutler doesn't get... and not even his fault... but we can't do it over with him at Texas and see... so we can't know.

I certainly don't think that winning in college means you will win in the pros... it's just a plus.

for some reason, i see that as a plus more than a minus because he more than likely faced a lot more adversity during the season than young or leinhart. true, we can't change those facts. still, to have the kind of year cutler had playing for that team, the least you can say is that he's got guts, he's tough. didn't have any talent around him so it must have been super easy to game plan against vanderbilt, yet he still performed admirably. that's where i see the biggest challenge for a player like him - can he play within himself, within the system, learn he doesn't have to do it all himself. look at favre this year - i believe it's not so much that his skills have deteriorated, it was more a case of there being absolutely no one to help him out, so all defenses had to do was sit back and wait. he tried to do too much, because that's the guy he is.

nopony said:
If Gus Ferotte has a pro-bowl like season this year, I will be too busy making money with my new Flying Pigs ranch to realize it.

Top ten list of things more likely than Gus Ferotte having a pro-bowl year next year:

10. Peace in the middle east.
9. Army infantry equipped with lightsabers.
8. Rob Schneider wins an oscar for Duece Bigalow, Thai Prostitute
7. Osama Bin Laden has brunch with Laura Bush
6. Dave Wannestadt wins a national title
5. Charlton Heston stars in Brokeback Mountain II
4. Florida runs an honest election
3. Smoking cigarettes cures cancer
2. A jewish pope.
1. Paris Hilton gets camera shy.

could use some of you liberals in the political/war forum... we're badly outnumbered by the warhawks

Back
Top Bottom