Dolphins To Draft A Qb Now Or In 2020? Chris Grier Has A Plan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins To Draft A Qb Now Or In 2020? Chris Grier Has A Plan

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
upload_2019-3-6_5-51-56.jpeg

INDIANAPOLIS -- Chris Grier holds the big chair now as the Miami Dolphins' chief decision-maker, yet he often leans on the teachings of mentors such as Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Bill Parcells. That's why he couldn't help but laugh when asked how he will bridge Parcells' old-school quarterback draft rules with a new era full of QB transfers and one-year starters.

Will Grier, the Dolphins' general manager, cross a quarterback off the board if he wasn't a three-year starter, never won 23 games or never posted a 2-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio -- much like Parcells often did? Grier says he will take elements from his mentor's rules, but follow his own philosophy.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...ft-a-qb-now-or-in-2020-chris-grier-has-a-plan

I thought Will Grier was a QB, not our GM?
lol I had to read that a couple times. It's asking a question not naming a first and last name but since will is capitalized it looks that way

What’s kind of ironic about this article is that they miss-typed Chris Grier with Will Grier and then as I read on about the characteristics that Flores and Grier look for I couldn’t help but think of Will Grier as a guy that fits the mold. Not the greatest Arm, a player who has faced adversity basically kicked off the gators after a great half a season for them, worked his way back and had 2 great years for WVU, that’s overcoming adversity and working your way up. Has 2.5 years of starting experience, won a lot of games at 2 different schools, seems to be a real humble kid all about his family. As a Gator fan I know Will fairly well and always liked him, not sure if he has the physical tools to succeed but just based off intangibles he seems like an ideal fit for what they are looking for

I really hope he keeps drafting a QB until he finds one.

Even then, i hope he recognizes the value of having multiple QBs on the roster that can play.

lol I had to read that a couple times. It's asking a question not naming a first and last name but since will is capitalized it looks that way

I know, just talking ****. It's the slow time of the offseason for a couple more days. Gotta enjoy the puns.

But on a serious note, I would be excited about Ryan Fitzpatrick if we signed him on a 2 year deal. He would be our clear cut starter this year, and I feel as though being in the AFC East our staff has a pretty good grasp of his skill set and could put him in a position to succeed. He would also likely be more mature than a Teddy Bridgewater next year when we are going to be transitioning to a rookie. I could see Fitz starting week 1 of 2020, with a guy like Fromm learning and waiting for his opportunity. Teddy will still be 27-28 and looking for another long term deal.

The Qb position has been horribly managed since he’s been here and since he’s had the title of GM, and it doesn’t seem that anyone is holding him accountable because of Tannenbaums presense.

Back
Top Bottom