Dolphins to waive Coples | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to waive Coples

The cut was KNOWN to be coming. I think it's also been noted that Miami is going to try and bring him back at a reasonable contract.

Like every team in the league though. I think we have as good a chance as anybody, he has never had much success with any dc so its not like he has any affinity to anyone.
No team is going to pay him big money, it will prob be whoever offers the most. I would think Carolina or Atlanta might have a good shot because of where is from

My 92 yr old grandmother would be better than Thomas
Oh c'mon man - I saw your grandmother play, and while she had good feet and could get to the next level, she really had problems with leverage in pass pro. Her punch was suspect too. Factor in her lack of size (5' 2", 110 pounds) and durability issues and I think she's 50-50 with Thomas. I say we put them two of them up in Oklahomas and get it settled.

Remind me of a single significant play he made.
Offhand, I can think of about 5 complete whiffs that almost got RT killed, and another 5 that resulted in TFL for Miller and set up impossible 3rd and longs. There's 10 right there. Oh, you mean positive significant plays.

He also meant Coples, who is the subject of this thread.

The cut was KNOWN to be coming. I think it's also been noted that Miami is going to try and bring him back at a reasonable contract.

this is what i am hoping for.....I would like to have him become what Shelby has been for us in spot situations or as basically the 3rd DE.

Fede hasn't really shown anything, Shelby turned me off with his weird off-season tweets with Miko & he will get a good sized deal with another team.

I am sure even Coples would admit he hasn't played anywhere close to the salary he has been making.

Rand GetlinVerified account
‏@Rand_Getlin
The #Dolphins are releasing Quinton Coples, a source said.

Save 7 million and take no hit . . . For a backup . . . Was the most obvious move of the offseason.

They could bring him back tho at a much lower amount.

Back
Top Bottom