Dolphins trade a BIGTIME player to the Bucs...(merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade a BIGTIME player to the Bucs...(merged)

No doubt the boys will be watchin very closely our preseason game against the Texans. They already played the Texans I think and they play the Texans in week 1 of the regular season, so they are familiar with them and their DBs. If Jeff Ogden really shows up to play they might trade for him and make Ogden their 3rd WR. They won't sign Freeman I think because now that Ismail's down they really do want Antonio Bryant to start. Before Ismail even went down, Bryant was lookin like he was gonna beat him for the starting job. Now he's got his chance and he's flashed all kinda Chris Chambers type stuff down there. He's a real sleeper, I've got him in a couple of fantasy leagues hehe. But they need a dependable 3rd guy I think and Freeman doesn't wanna come down to the Cowboys to be the 3rd guy i dont think.

Yeah Mayes, Grant and Ogden could all be attractive to them.

Give them all 3 for a 5th? Anyway, I'm sure we won't get to trade all of them especially if other teams know we're gonna release them anyway.

It has little to do with the Bucs being impressed by him in our scrimmages then their O-line coach having coached him with the Jets for a year.

I doubt anyone would give us more than a 7 for Ogden if that. Teams are not in the habit of giving up draft picks for marginal players that are likely to be cut.

If I were the Cowboys or any other team looking for depth at receiver, I'd wait for the cuts and look to pick up someone. I should point out that this is exactly what the Dolphins are doing at the positions that we need (Corner, QB).

Originally posted by PhinKev
I doubt anyone would give us more than a 7 for Ogden if that. Teams are not in the habit of giving up draft picks for marginal players that are likely to be cut.

If I were the Cowboys or any other team looking for depth at receiver, I'd wait for the cuts and look to pick up someone. I should point out that this is exactly what the Dolphins are doing at the positions that we need (Corner, QB).

But Odgen more than undrafted rookies and bust from other teams is a proven commodity and should be more attractive to teams than an unknown..Odgen can catch and Odgen can punt return...The league knows this...I'd look at him before I would look at other unproven players if I were a GM.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

But Odgen more than undrafted rookies and bust from other teams is a proven commodity and should be more attractive to teams than an unknown..Odgen can catch and Odgen can punt return...The league knows this...I'd look at him before I would look at other unproven players if I were a GM.

I think you are overestimating his value. He's not a proven commodity as a receiver. He's not fast, but has good hands. There are more than a few guys like that. He has some versatility (punt return) but if he were so valuable we would not be replacing him with a couple of undrafted guys. When the cuts hit, you will see some quality veteran receivers on the market.

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will want Ogden because he is steady. All I'm saying is that it's not likely that we will get much if anything.

Originally posted by PhinKev

I think you are overestimating his value. He's not a proven commodity as a receiver. He's not fast, but has good hands. There are more than a few guys like that. He has some versatility (punt return) but if he were so valuable we would not be replacing him with a couple of undrafted guys. When the cuts hit, you will see some quality veteran receivers on the market.

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will want Ogden because he is steady. All I'm saying is that it's not likely that we will get much if anything.

My point was that he was more known that an unproven rookie or a camp burst..in that light, he has more value..and if I was a GM, I'd look at him first.. Quality vets who can both catch and return punts????? I don't know if they will be there. I think he gives a team more..Baker has been with us for a couple of years and his talents has been well known in Miami...He's finally healthy..Had he not have gotten hurt the last 2 years..Odgen probably wouldn't be here..so I don't look at it as Odgen being replaced with 2 undrafted rookies...more of Odgen was a position holders until both players were healthy again...same with A. Johnson..we got him from Canada and he got hurt last year..this extended Odgen"s tenurer...that's all.

especially for a position where there are loads of guys out there like WR/KR/PR that can do it. C Green netted a pick because because there are few OTs that have shown anything that one can acquire.

If I were a GM, I would not trade a pick for Ogden.:rolleyes:

We traded a 7th to get him and we won't get anymore then that in return.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

We traded a 7th to get him and we won't get anymore then that in return.

If we get anything at all..D39 says he wouldn't even give a 7th for him..I think there's a lot of WR\PR out there, but are they as good as Odgen when it comes to reliability..and I mean guys who will be cut or are camp bursts..

guys who will be cut or are camp bursts..

Guys can be cut just because of a numbers game. Ogden could be a guy like that or even Baker. There are a number of players who can play in the league who will be cut every year. That's why it is so hard to trade a guy who is on the bubble when a number of players that are around the same level or maybe even better will be available without compensation.

I just think if we can get a 7th for Green, surely we can get something for Odgen..

yeah........

I just think if we can get a 7th for Green, surely we can get something for Odgen..
a bag of doritos and a six pack. don't be surprised if a beer or two is missing from that six pack!

Back
Top Bottom