Dolphins TV schedule?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins TV schedule??

FaithfulFinFan

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Just got DirecTV and I need to know from someone if you have the TV schedule for Fin games for this upcoming season. I get Foxsports Florida and the Sunshine Network. I was wondering how many Fin games do these stations pick up during the football year? I am hoping I will not have to get the NFL package because all I want to see is Fin games only. Thanks for your help in advance!:)

You have to get NFL Sunday Ticket if you want to watch Dolphins games. If you don't get it, you will be getting the same amount of Dolphins games you got before. They don't carry NFL football on cable except for Sunday Night football on ESPN.

NFL Sunday Ticket is great. :) It is a lifesaver. When you have NFL Sunday Ticket, you get all of the movie channels for free during the football season as an added bonus.

Thanks. I have actually been reading this board for quite a while but never have posted. I have been a Fin fan since '72 and am excited they have made many positive moves this offseason. They should have enough depth to sustain injuries and enough veteran leadership to be mentally strong heading into Dec unlike all other years--but it still remains to be seen. :D

You have to get NFL Sunday Ticket if you want to watch Dolphins games. If you don't get it, you will be getting the same amount of Dolphins games you got before. They don't carry NFL football on cable except for Sunday Night football on ESPN.

NFL Sunday Ticket is great. :) It is a lifesaver. When you have NFL Sunday Ticket, you get all of the movie channels for free during the football season as an added bonus.

Thanks for the info. Doesn't the Sunshine Network show ANY games? I guess I will have to fork up the cash to get NFL Sunday ticket then. :confused:

Originally posted by FaithfulFinFan

Thanks for the info. Doesn't the Sunshine Network show ANY games? I guess I will have to fork up the cash to get NFL Sunday ticket then. :confused:

Nope...Your only option like Ice said is sunday ticket.

Originally posted by FaithfulFinFan
Just got DirecTV and I need to know from someone if you have the TV schedule for Fin games for this upcoming season. I get Foxsports Florida and the Sunshine Network. I was wondering how many Fin games do these stations pick up during the football year? I am hoping I will not have to get the NFL package because all I want to see is Fin games only. Thanks for your help in advance!:)

If you live outside of Florida odds are you will only see the number of games you were seeing before you got DirecTV. You have to get NFL Ticket if you want to see all the games. Also when you get the NFL Ticket you get each teams coaches show. The coaches shows are shown I believe at 11 AM EST on Sunday mornings.

SunShine will show all of the Dolphins pre-season games, but they will be on tape delay. Meaning if the game is on a Friday odds are it would be aired late Saturday night or mid-day Sunday following that Friday.

NFL Ticket is $45.99 x's 4, so it's roughly $184 bucks to get NFL Ticket.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Dolphins TV schedule??

Originally posted by Oliver
NFL Ticket is $45.99 x's 4, so it's roughly $184 bucks to get NFL Ticket.

Oliver...

In other words.. Approximately $11 a game.. I'll take that.. Well worth it when you're a Fin fan

HOORAH:drinker:

I had the Sunday Ticket since its inception in '94. Back then, there were no small dishes, you had to have the large C-Band dish to pick it up. So I spent over $2500 on a C-Band dish. No more tuning in on Sundays only to find the local affiliate changed its mind about showing the Dolphin game. No more having to watch Dolphin games in noisy sports bars. No more having the local affiliate abandon the game in the 2nd half to go to a more exciting matchup. The Sunday Ticket would assure you get every minute of every non-primetime Dolphin game. It was well worth the money to me.

Now, the NFL has screwed the C-Band dish owner. Recently, they sent a letter explaining they would no longer offer Sunday Ticket to C-Band dish owners. Their reasoning was that only 10% of Sunday Ticket subscribers were still on C-Band, and what money they were paying in wasn't enough to keep bouncing their signal off an anolog satellite. What a load of BS. The real reason is they're in tight with Direct-TV now, and by no longer making it available on C-Band, that will force those who still want the ticket to get Direct TV, and pay the higher subscription fees that go along with the small dish. But a small dish isn't really an option for me, because of all the large oaks surrounding the house I live in. Meanwhile, the $2500 worth of C-Band equiptment I purchased for the sole purpose of getting the Sunday Ticket is now obsolete, as for that purpose anyways. And I'm relegated back to watching Dolphin games in sports bars again. Thanks NFL.:mad:

Well, here in Dallas about 40 or so Dolphin fans all join up and meet at a sports bar and watch the games there. Its great having all the other fans around instead of sitting at home alone. Mostly it's the atmosphere. But then again, I dont know many people that have a 100" TV at home to watch the game on. hehe

the only adavantage of having sunshine on direct tv is you will get to see the preseason games. This is something that pisses me off. I am going to get the sunday ticket, but I also have to order a $10 sports package for the preseason games. If you get the Sunday ticket you should get to see preseason games, I just think that is stupid.

You will have to shell out for NFL Sunday Ticket in order to get the out-of-market Dolphin regular season games. However, not even that will get you the preseason Dolphin games if you're not in South Florida. (Out-of-market preseason games -- even the ones on tape delay -- are subject to NFL blackout restrictions.)

But look at things from the bright side:

(1) If you go to a sports bar, you'll be lucky to get out of there for less than the $11 a week for the NFLST. Plus you can watch any game you want in more comfortable surroundings and without the fog and deafening background noise of a sports bar.

(2) I just got my renewal notice today. They're going to start broadcasting some of the games in HDTV and others with a frame showing real-time scoring updates on all of the other games.

And before we start complaining too much about the DirecTV/NFL deal, keep in mind that the revenue from the deal should provide some solid increases in the salary cap over the next few years...and thus perhaps help the Dolphins avoid a Raven-like dismantling of our defense.

there is also a break on the price in season # two. last year i believe it was $135 for renewal subscription. it's cool if i have to work on game day. i can record the game, then listen to the game on wqam on the net. after work, if we win, it is the first thing i do. if we lose, it may take a day or two.....

Back
Top Bottom