Dolphins, Under New Evp Chris Grier, Introduce Future Plans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins, Under New Evp Chris Grier, Introduce Future Plans

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
It felt so good to write this. It's amazing how stale Adam Gase's message became over the last few weeks. And now we can put to bed all the vitriol of our best players combatting our HC.

Now, an in-depth look at Chris Grier's background, the five coaches Miami has requested for interviews and the key quotes from the Ross/Grier presser today.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/do...-chris-grier-dolphins-introduce-future-plans/

I've liked most of his picks so far, so I'm willing to keep the ball rolling......pending Tannenbaum is not influencing ANYTHING!

Now let's hit on a QB for God's sake.....and a couple offensive lineman.

I've liked most of his picks so far, so I'm willing to keep the ball rolling......pending Tannenbaum is not influencing ANYTHING!

Now let's hit on a QB for God's sake.....and a couple offensive lineman.
Which picks did you like? We’re they his picks or TBums? Who picked Charles Harris?

Which picks did you like? We’re they his picks or TBums? Who picked Charles Harris?
Who knows who was responsible for what, but Since Chris Grier got here Miami has drafted:

Bonafide Blue Chips:

Laremy Tunsil
Xavien Howard

Core Glue Players:

Minkah Fitzpatrick
Vincent Taylor
Jerome Baker
Raekwon McMillan
Davon Godchaux
Kenyan Drake
Jakeem Grant

That's a great three-year haul. You figure out that QB and add it to that list, you're absolutely flying (and I know that's the hardest one to get).

Vic Fangio Yes!!!
Eric Bieniemy Hell NO!!!!
Mike Munchak Fine with this

Brian Flores Hmm...leaning to NO
Kris Richard Hell NO!!!

We need someone with experience this time. I don’t want someone who doesn’t call the plays “Eric”.

I would interview these coaches:

Rex Ryan: this is the opportunity that he has been waiting for, revenge on the AFC East. Took the Jets to the playoffs with MS and beat Brady in NE! When was the last time a AFC East team has done that.

Dan Campbell: he brings physicality to the team which is needed. He should have gotten the job over Gasy.

Jim Harbaugh: 44-19 in the regular season and 5-3 in the playoffs! He is a proven winner and brings physicality. Sure, he claims that he isn’t coming back to the NFL but show up with a bus full of money...he will come.

Who knows who was responsible for what, but Since Chris Grier got here Miami has drafted:

Bonafide Blue Chips:

Laremy Tunsil
Xavien Howard

Core Glue Players:

Minkah Fitzpatrick
Vincent Taylor
Jerome Baker
Raekwon McMillan
Davon Godchaux
Kenyan Drake
Jakeem Grant

That's a great three-year haul. You figure out that QB and add it to that list, you're absolutely flying (and I know that's the hardest one to get).
Some nice picks for sure. We need game changers and guys who put points on the board. The league is about scoring and while a guy like McMillan will prove to be a serviceable starter, it isn’t enough. Teams like the Rams Saints and Chiefs are the new measuring stick. Teams loaded with alpha scorers. And yes a QB.

BTW Grier has been with them since 2000.

Well, from now on there's no more excuses for Grier. He's in charge now and every pick is his and every free agent move is his. The people defending him always tell us the good moves were Grier's and the bad ones were tbaum's or Gase's.

btw, out of those 5 for HC, Munchak imo is the one that could probably put the best staff together and he's the only one that's been a HC before, two things we've been wanting for a long time.

Bonafide Blue Chips:

Laremy Tunsil
Xavien Howard

Core Glue Players:

Minkah Fitzpatrick
Vincent Taylor
Jerome Baker
Raekwon McMillan
Davon Godchaux
Kenyan Drake
Jakeem Grant

Dont forget Ballage. he will be here for a while

Do all 31 other teams ALWAYS hit on their 1st round picks? If not, should all the other 31 teams be looking for a better GM as well? He's going to miss on some draft picks, as does every other GM. The drafts have been better since 2016 when he was promoted....you can't deny that. Is it all Grier, I don't know.....and neither do you. I'm willing to give him a shot.

Didn’t really know much about Grier but his past history and background is pretty impressive. Color me shocked.

Do all 31 other teams ALWAYS hit on their 1st round picks? If not, should all the other 31 teams be looking for a better GM as well? He's going to miss on some draft picks, as does every other GM. The drafts have been better since 2016 when he was promoted....you can't deny that. Is it all Grier, I don't know.....and neither do you. I'm willing to give him a shot.
I hear you. Give him a shot. But for a franchise that has produced next to zero all pro talent in 20 years, and a guy that has had a hand in the scouting and general management of personnel for all 20 years, I say let’s go a different course.

But heck, a lot of people around the league say he’s a good guy. It sold Ross. I guess it should sell me.

Back
Top Bottom