Dolphins v. Browns ESPN on 12/26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins v. Browns ESPN on 12/26

Alxphins

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Just heard from a friend at CBS that dolphins play the Browns on 12/26 on ESPN.

The rumor I heard yesterday was that the Browns open at home with us. I guess we will find out later today though for sure.

The Battle of the Oranges! Lol.. That will be the Pumpkin Jersey game...

Can you imagine if the Browns were wearing their alternate jerseys also during that gmae?? Immediate blindness for all TV viewers..

We would have to wear special glasses, like the ones you where with an eclipse. :cooldude:

Is that game @ cleveland. I sure hope so, Browns tickets are easy to come by in these parts.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
The Battle of the Oranges! Lol.. That will be the Pumpkin Jersey game...

Can you imagine if the Browns were wearing their alternate jerseys also during that gmae?? Immediate blindness for all TV viewers..

I don't think the NFL would allow that. However, the Browns could wear their orange pants with their white jerseys, that they pulled out for a few games in 2003. That could look interesting.

I'm just curious...

Why would someone at CBS know what was going on at a rival station? (ESPN and ABC seem to be closely linked, but CBS seems to be arch enemy no.1).

Not sure, but my buddy says his contact at CBS is very reliable. He is a Browns fan and we live in Maryland (I am originally from Miami) and we were planning on going to the game. We had seen that someone had posted that it would be the first game of the year so he IMed his friend at they told him the game was on 12/26. Doesn't CBS carry the AFC games? If so maybe that is why they would know.

The only storyline I could come up with is Butch Davis' return to Miami...and even that is flimsy.

My guess is that the real reasons for such a matchup would be:

(1) Christmas for the crew in Miami
(2) Give a marquee opponent for Cleveland's only primetime appearance of the season
(3) Christmas for the crew in Miami

Man, I sure hope he's wrong about this. I'd hate to have the Phins put the beat-down on the Browns when I'm not in Cleveland. I've been looking foward to this match-up since I moved here 9 years ago.

we dont knoe for sure if were playing them in december but we will know for sure 5 pm et

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
The only storyline I could come up with is Butch Davis' return to Miami...and even that is flimsy.

My guess is that the real reasons for such a matchup would be:

(1) Christmas for the crew in Miami
(2) Give a marquee opponent for Cleveland's only primetime appearance of the season
(3) Christmas for the crew in Miami

See, I have to disagree with you totally. I think it's so the crew can have Christmas in Miami.

I gotta agree with bigmiamifan on this one.

Sorry. Just my gut feeling.

Back
Top Bottom