Dolphins vs Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins vs Jets

Nbr1dolfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I just watched the last game of last season again......and was wondering why Fiedler threw for 320+ yards. Did we attempt more passes or was the playcalling different? (FYI: the Phins have been 30th or worst in pass attempts in all 4 years Dave has been coach) I am not a huge fan of Jay, but if it is close I think Jay should get the nod from experience alone. I would give him 4 games to get the offense moving, and if not.........then bring in Feeley.
Your thoughts on the QB situation and did we have nothing to loose in that game? Why did Jay and Chambers have career games that day?

Nbr1dolfan said:
I just watched the last game of last season again......and was wondering why Fiedler threw for 320+ yards. Did we attempt more passes or was the playcalling different?

Simply put... They had the slowest linebackers in the league and we took advantage of it. I could see it on the television. Since then they have replaced two linebackers and a defensive coordinator but they will still suck.

The Cowboys game that everyone loves in a statistical sense was much the same. We took advantage of their weak secondary. At the Panthers vs. Cowboys playoff game it looked even worse. I saw both of these Cowboys games live. Their secondary flat out sucked.

Our passing game has a big question. That question is "Is AJ Feeley good enough to start in the NFL?" If Dave's answer is "no" we will lose alot of games. Then Dave Wannestedt will be fired.

It's as simple as that.

IMO, pre-season games are more important this year than in years past. The O-line has to jell first before a good look at the QBs can be established.
If the season started tomorrow, Fiedler starts. He may even start the first few games until AJ is ready. IMO the offense will be improved from last year, with a more aggressive game plan, better WR support, a RB that puts in 100%, and the fact that other teams will have a difficult time gameplanning for us!

Back
Top Bottom