Dolphins Weakpoints | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Weakpoints

Nah, I think Freeman will hang around. He's really a FS. And he's just waiting for Brock to head on out.

Also Greenwood doenst have 1 INT in the past season and a half and its getting ridiculous how much we are paying him. Release him sign a good OLB in free agency or draft (get a quiet unknown guy like RANDY) and get BRIAN WALKER back in here!!!!

LOL! I agree he is a FS but i dont think hes gonna be here after this yr if he is he wont be here when Marion retires. Marion is gonna end his career when his 5 year contract expires unless he wants to be like Rod Woodson, so Freeman wont be starting at FS unless Marion gets injured and some1 takes over at SS......BRIAN WALKER!!

BRIAN BRIAN BRIAN!

Im whipped over how good he did for us. 7 INTS in one season and 96 tackles the next! WOW!!!

Did anyone see?

... Tim Ruddy, Todd Perry and Todd Wade blow up the Bronocs DL on RW's 2nd TD in Denver? At some point you have to tip your hat to the opponent. The Bronocs have one hell of a Rush D.

Sorry this OL is playing GREAT ball. You don't have the 4th ranked rush O, protect your QB at a top 10 rate and imply or say the OL is a question mark, inconsistent or suspect.

They are having a wonderful year thus far. Especially when you consider the injuries and the short length of time they have played together.

Sorry Ruddy is not AVG at BEST, and he shows why on a weekly basis. We are damn lucky to have him, and I suspect 95% of the teams in the NFL would love to have him.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Muck
I wouldn't say we have a "weakness" per say. The only place I see a true weakness would be depth on the OL and at LB. But we do have areas of concern.

Right now, QB could spell trouble for us. You can't ignore Ray Lucas' disaster 2 weeks ago. That was just ungoldy. And Jay isn't just gonna come back and blow up the world. He's gonna need time to adjust again. But if we can hang on and he finds his stride by the end of the season, that bodes extremely well for us (getting hot late).

A lack of a true #2 WR might be a problem. Now, I believe that Cris Carter can still do it. But he might take a while. Again, if he can find his stride down the stretch (like Fiedler), it bodes very well for us. But right now, McKnight and Ward are better suited for situational downs.

The offensive line's inconsistency could also hurt us. Jamie Nails is the only bonafied stud on that line right now (he'll be re-upped for sure). Ruddy is average at best. He gets pushed around too much in the run game. Todd Wade has regressed big time. He doesn't excel at anything anymore. And that's sad. Perry has trouble with the big boys. But IMO, that's what the center is for. And Ruddy doesn't hold up his end of the deal. I like Perry. Spriggs and Dixon are ok. A healthy Dixon could make a big difference.

Again, we could be one injury away from disaster up front. So cross your fingers.

On defense, I really don't see the DEs as a problem. My wish is that David Bowens could get/stay healthy. I believe he would be better than Wallay out there. He can really get to the QB. His presence makes the unit dangerous. Especially on critical 3rd downs. Like Jay and Cris, he's got an opportunity to come on strong down the stretch.

And finally, you know how I feel about Jim Bates.....although he has shown me more the last few weeks. But he still could ultimately lead us to our downfall.

I just don't see how Ruddy is that great. He's certainly a smart player. But we didn't draft McKinney and offer Kreutz the most money ever for a center for nothing. He simply lacks game strength and speed.

Denver certainly has one hell of a defense. But our OL shouldn't have gotten ripped apart by the Broncos like that if we were "that good". Heck, Priest Holmes got 113 yds and 3 TDs one week after we played the Broncos (Tony Richardson also had a 14-yard TD run). I'm sure they spread the field a bit. But still, Trevor Pryce and the DL had their way too often.

Many times we do get a decent push up front. And we certainly open up some big holes a lot of times. But you don't see that "wave" like you see in Denver, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay (oops, that wave goes backwards. lol). And Jay and Ray get hit WAY too often for our OL to be playing "great" ball. Hell, Ray got his hip busted on the first drive of the game. Our low sack rate is due to Jay's ability to avoid the rush.

One thing is for sure.....this OL is much better than last year's. But it still could be better.

I just don't see how Ruddy is that great. He's certainly a smart player. But we didn't draft McKinney and offer Kreutz the most money ever for a center for nothing. He simply lacks game strength and speed.

Denver certainly has one hell of a defense. But our OL shouldn't have gotten ripped apart by the Broncos like that if we were "that good". Heck, Priest Holmes got 113 yds and 3 TDs one week after we played the Broncos (Tony Richardson also had a 14-yard TD run). I'm sure they spread the field a bit. But still, Trevor Pryce and the DL had their way too often.

Many times we do get a decent push up front. And we certainly open up some big holes a lot of times. But you don't see that "wave" like you see in Denver, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay (oops, that wave goes backwards. lol). And Jay and Ray get hit WAY too often for our OL to be playing "great" ball. Hell, Ray got his hip busted on the first drive of the game. Our low sack rate is due to Jay's ability to avoid the rush.

One thing is for sure.....this OL is much better than last year's. But it still could be better.

Agree.

It's sad that up until your injuries the fins had no weakness. After the bills game no one really knows where the fins are at. The qb is expected to do better , the run D took a step back against Henry but for your teams sake, they will pick it up. It's gonna be an interesting Monday night. What's the weather suppose to be like at GB?

I'd have to agree with you Muck. When you watch each game tape you can evaluate each linemans performance, and Ruddy is responsible for to many negative plays, especially when they know we're going to run. And Perry misses to many blocks. With that said our O-line is still better than last year.

Back
Top Bottom