Dolphins will have to cut down to 53 players by 4pm Saturday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins will have to cut down to 53 players by 4pm Saturday

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The Dolphins have until 4 p.m. Saturday to make the cuts and another 24 hours to determine the bottom of the roster and practice squad. After that, Sparano and his staff will focus on the season opener Sept. 12 at Buffalo.

The on-the-bubble players could get extended work against the Cowboys, as well as some of the less experienced starters, such as second-year outside linebacker Cameron Wake, second-year defensive backs Sean Smith and Chris Clemons and rookies Jared Odrick, Koa Misi and John Jerry.

The main backups also will get plenty of snaps, including outside linebacker Ikaika Alama-Francis, who is learning a new position, and cornerback Benny Sapp, who was obtained last week from Minnesota.

"I got a couple guys right now I think I really need to play, and this is a game to do that," Sparano said. "I have to do what is in the best interest of my football team to get ready to play against the Buffalo Bills."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...s-dont-have-many-big-decisions-to-892056.html

Back
Top Bottom