Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert

The Kansas City Chiefs have given the Miami Dolphins permission to talk to left tackle Branden Albert to help facilitate a trade for a second-round choice, a source said.

Albert, who lives in Miami, is expected to visit the Dolphins' facility in the next couple of days for a physical. His agent, Ron Slaven, has received permission by the Chiefs to talk contract with the Dolphins, but no other team.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...=20&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The math is simple.

Miami will have to use the 1st, a 2d and another draft pick to move up to take one of the three elite OTs for a contract with a smaller cap hit

or

Miami can keep their 1st and other draft pick and use a 2d to sign Albert (an above average LT) for free agent money.

Would Miami rather give up cap or draft picks?

If you have the cap (which Miami does), keep the picks.

SLow down...

I saw this posted on my Facebook page and I didn't see it posted in hear so I was asking if ANYONE else had heard. FYI wasn't trying to be dramatic, the whole quote "The Phinstones NFL.com's Ian Rapoport "hears" the Dolphins are indeed interested in trading for Chiefs LT Branden Albert." didn't fit in the subject.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

So like I said, my bad... Didnt see it in the forum and I have been having some technical difficulties as well.

It's A-OKAY, because your avatar pic make up for any perceived transgression.

What a contrast people are calling him a bum on this side and on the other side they are pissed at the thought of letting him go....Hilarious!

"If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on."

"If there weren't the back issues, then that would be one thing. But, with those concerns, the Chiefs won't be able to bleed #42 out of Miami and probably have to settle for #54."

"Agreed! Dole him off and let's get Joeckel."

"You are replacing a LT that is disgruntled and not willing to switch positions do a younger more athletic T. How does thu not make sense?? Hater...."

What was that you were saying???

ANother post.....cracking up.....
I'd rather trade Albert and a pick to the Packers for the 26th pick.

Packers Oline is alway banged up and Aaron Rogers needs to win now. Screw Miami

An OT that we pick up in the 2nd round???? You mean like Jonathan Martin?? I like him, but he's no where close to where B Albert is right now. I Don't like Winston, too old and has bounced around to too many teams. Signing Albert for a 2nd is great value and still leaves us our 1st pick to take a playmaker and 3 more picks in 2nd and 3rd rounds to work with.

And I think what's also lost in this convo is trading a 2nd round pick for Albert while retaining our first round pick is not equal to us giving up our 2nd round pick for the right to move up in the 1st. We would essentially be getting 3 players if we trade for Albert (Albert + 1st round pick + 2nd round pick) while only getting 2 players if we trade to move up.

Here we have one side crying LT is not a big issue - because the ball gets out faster to the REceiving options and so LT is not that important compared to the past

Then we have a side crying that this is a waste of second pick - yet 2nd rd picks rarely start in the NFL?

And we have not LTon the roster that can protect our FRANCHISE QB

Is not Albert healthier than Jake?

A second is cheap for a better than average LT

For a third this year and a future 4th or 5th this is a no brainier, but no way we give up a 2nd. We hold the cards as I have not heard any other rumors of other teams sniffing around and the Chief have to move him. This will get done and it will be a dolphins steal, will be nice to be on the other end this time.

Based on Bill Williamson's report my guess is that the compensation Miami will give KC has already been agreed upon. In my opinion this is down to the physical & contract

For everyone who thinks this trade for Albert is so great!!!

A month ago would you have traded Jake Long and a 2nd round pick for Albert? That is basicly what we will be doing.

Back
Top Bottom