Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert

And please don't start with the ....then we should have just signed the cripple has been Jake Long

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...phins-0418-20130417,0,4041252.story?track=rss

According to league sources, the Dolphins have had extensive talks with Kansas City about acquiring Branden Albert for a second-round pick, and team sources acknowledge a trade could be finalized before next Thursday's NFL draft.

I was just going to pose the question would you guys be ok maybe trading DT Randy Starks for OT Brandon Albert. Starks got a very nice bump in his salary when he was franchised. I guess trading a second rounder for Albert would be fine with me...at least you know what you have with Albert, whereas a rookie drafted to play RT or LT may not pan out. I still would be open to moving/trading Starks if he thinks he is irreplaceable. You signed your tender Big Boy, not quit your crying and play.

If we do get albert I hope that = Austin eifert or Patterson

You make a good point. To add to what you are saying, people killing the idea of an Albert trade are the same ones saying "add playmakers!"...well, now you can early in the draft with this deal.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Plus, it looks like it will take less compensation in terms of picks to nail down Albert than to trade up for a Joeckel or Fisher.

I like the trade. You get a proven tackle to protect Tannehill. That really clears up the #12 pick - Eifort. Then get the safety, CB and DE in the next three rounds. We have young tackles in development - this buys time until they're ready.

Agree

This is Finheaven after all, facts seems to not matter, but for the record let's get the facts straight for those who think Albert isn't any good. LMAO..

Drafted out of Virginia with the 15th overall selection in the 2008 draft, not many people expected left tackle to be Albert’s position long-term with a move to the right, or inside to guard predicted. However, through four seasons at the position he has continued to grow, leading to a very consistent past two seasons where he has graded out at +14.7 and +13.8, respectively.

In that respect there are few players at his position out there better than Albert. Allowing just 17 total pressures from 378 pass blocking snaps in 2012, he finished the year with a Pass Blocking Efficiency (PBE) rating of 96.6, a mark which was tied for seventh among offensive tackles. Through the past two seasons he has allowed Chiefs quarterbacks to be hit or sacked just 16 times from 926 pass blocking snaps — working out to be quarterback knockdown allowed just once every 57.8 pass blocking attempts.

Now tell me who in the 2nd round we can possibly draft that's going to play at this level in 2013??

In comparison Long has declined by -22.6 from 2010 to 2011, and by -12.5 from 2011 to 2012.

And please don't start with the ....then we should have just signed the cripple has been Jake Long

Instead we should trade for the cripple that is Alberts?? There is a reason KC wants to get rid of him. Why are they willing to give up the first overall pick to replace a guy that is already this allstar that everyone is thinking Alberts is?? Alberts hasn't finished a full season since he has been in the league, or maybe one. He stays injured, how is it better to trade one cripple for another while losing a 2nd pick in the process?? This is not something I think Jeff is doing. Makes ZERO sense.

they need a LT, it makes more sense having a proven vet protect T-Hill then a rook. With 11 picks 5 in the first 3 rounds this makes sense to me.

This is Finheaven after all, facts seems to not matter, but for the record let's get the facts straight for those who think Albert isn't any good. LMAO..

Drafted out of Virginia with the 15th overall selection in the 2008 draft, not many people expected left tackle to be Albert’s position long-term with a move to the right, or inside to guard predicted. However, through four seasons at the position he has continued to grow, leading to a very consistent past two seasons where he has graded out at +14.7 and +13.8, respectively.

In that respect there are few players at his position out there better than Albert. Allowing just 17 total pressures from 378 pass blocking snaps in 2012, he finished the year with a Pass Blocking Efficiency (PBE) rating of 96.6, a mark which was tied for seventh among offensive tackles. Through the past two seasons he has allowed Chiefs quarterbacks to be hit or sacked just 16 times from 926 pass blocking snaps — working out to be quarterback knockdown allowed just once every 57.8 pass blocking attempts.

Now tell me who in the 2nd round we can possibly draft that's going to play at this level in 2013??

This after all is finheaven.. where bolded numbers rule and perspective is lost...

3 years worth of offensive tackle pass blocking efficiency.. scroll through... look at some familiar names

View attachment 10577

ehhh...if you are not gonna trade up for a higher upside talent like lane johnson this is probably the next best option...but the 2nd rounder and the contract which is sure to be for big money is tough to swallow...

kc already has miami roped in to where they are gonna have a physical done shortly it appears...no need or reason for kc to come off any 2nd round demands here...sounds like miamis playing ball...

also sounds like just a matter of time unless omars slinging **** at the wall...

His price tag will reflect that. And he's good but he's not elite or anything...yet he'll be getting paid like he's elite. Should of just kept Jake if we were going to do this.

Yup, well said my friend :-(

I'll wait to see what the compensation is in terms of money and draft pick(s) before passing judgement.

the other thing here is i we do make this deal is albert can play a mean left guard down the road if need be...pretty good move athlete here...got more meat on the bone than jake long left if you ask me...

i guess kc has come down some off those 2nd and mid round demands i heard earlier...

i just hope this isn't $9 mil per year...especially in this market...

Back
Top Bottom