Dolphins Worst Moves of 2022/23 Season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Worst Moves of 2022/23 Season

Chubb is gonna have a big year next year. He opened the door for Phillips this year. Teams are gonna have to respect Phillips now, opening up the door for Chubb.

He was almost the hero in the Bills game, he has a sack fumble that if they would have recovered would have taken away all the wind from Buffalo's sails.

I'm excited for the defensive line next year especially on the edges.

Retaining Josh Boyer was the worst move in hindsight but to me that's not a fair assessment. Our bonehead owner tampering for Tom Brady and Sean Payton probably takes the cake.

Dishonorable mentions: Franchising Mike Gesicki (love the player, just not a fit in the offense), signing Trey Flowers and Eric Fisher and getting nothing in return from either of them.

Chubb is gonna have a big year next year. He opened the door for Phillips this year. Teams are gonna have to respect Phillips now, opening up the door for Chubb.

He was almost the hero in the Bills game, he has a sack fumble that if they would have recovered would have taken away all the wind from Buffalo's sails.

I'm excited for the defensive line next year especially on the edges.
Not to mention Wilkins who played like a first team all-pro as soon as Chubb arrived. Teams gameplan for Chubb single handedly, you have to understand this.

Agree with #1. Just a stupid move. If you're interested in someone do it the right way and avoid tampering. That's a steep price to pay.

I think the Chubb trade could work out. It was a bold move at the time in the season where the Dolphins looked like a super bowl contender. Maybe a new DC will make a difference.

The Bridgewater deal turned out disappointing, which was a surprise. The drop from Tua to Bridgewater was significant, especially considering some fans thought he might beat out Tua.

Maybe year two will be better. Was he used correctly? I did see Chubb in coverage more than I would like.
#1 reason Boyer had to go, in my book, is that he called plays that made no sense given the talent we had. Chubb and Phillips dropping into coverage is beyond dumb unless it is some kind of disguised blitz. They are not built to cover in open space. Many of the times I saw Phillips in coverage his man or zone was wide open for an easy completion.

I am very much in favour of the Chubb trade; getting a pro bowl quality pass rusher for that price? I would say that it can't be done... but we did it, and it was an EXCELLENT move.

A late #1 and some throw ins... and people are whining????

Really???

ROFL!

I am very much in favour of the Chubb trade; getting a pro bowl quality pass rusher for that price? I would say that it can't be done... but we did it, and it was an EXCELLENT move.

Really???

ROFL!
As I stated earlier, I really liked the Chubb trade. Especially considering that he was basically traded for a pick in the 28-31 range.

I believe that he is going to be a great addition to the defense for years to come. If they are able to bring in Fangio as the DC, that would benefit the entire defense and particularly Chubb. Because Fangio coached Chubb in Denver and he knows how best use Chubb’s skill set to benefit the defense.

#1 reason Boyer had to go, in my book, is that he called plays that made no sense given the talent we had. Chubb and Phillips dropping into coverage is beyond dumb unless it is some kind of disguised blitz. They are not built to cover in open space. Many of the times I saw Phillips in coverage his man or zone was wide open for an easy completion.
Agree. On occasion maybe drop them, but I'd prefer both to rush the passer. Put it this way, I don't think the 49ers ever dropped Nick Bosa into coverage.

Not comparing Chubb to Bosa, but clearly his best ability is getting after the quarterback.

In obvious 'no duh' hindsight, drafting Skylar instead of Purdy.

Going into the season with average at best running backs on the roster.

Not even pretending to involve Gesicki in the offense. I stated several times here before the season that he wasn't a fit for the offense and predicted he would be traded, but even I didn't think he would be completely ignored.

To a lesser extent, ignoring Gaskin, especially in the beginning of the season when Edmonds was giving us nothing.

As I stated earlier, I really liked the Chubb trade. Especially considering that he was basically traded for a pick in the 28-31 range.

I believe that he is going to be a great addition to the defense for years to come. If they are able to bring in Fangio as the DC, that would benefit the entire defense and particularly Chubb. Because Fangio coached Chubb in Denver and he knows how best use Chubb’s skill set to benefit the defense.
Chubb is 26... geez... 26!
If he can remain healthy (and he played through a high ankle sprain for us), he can be our new Jason Taylor.
Why anyone would question obtaining a young star player at such a premium position just BOGGLES the mind.
I'll never understand these guys who bitch and whine whenever a player plays at less than a HOF level on every play. I mean... are they that unrelentingly negative throughout the rest of their lives?
Hell... we paid way less for Chubb than what we gave up for Hill... or even Waddle.

Really???

ROFL!
Like most others, I preferred Smith. We didnt get him, but getting Chubb was a fantastic deal for us.

I dont think many people understand how difficult it is to get a DE with his talent that late in the first round. You are looking at Charles Harris, Taco Charlton Territory there.

Chubb was a home run for us with that pick.

Like most others, I preferred Smith. We didnt get him, but getting Chubb was a fantastic deal for us.

I dont think many people understand how difficult it is to get a DE with his talent that late in the first round. You are looking at Charles Harris, Taco Charlton Territory there.

Chubb was a home run for us with that pick.
I wasn't high on Smith as most... I'll always prefer the Edge guy over the MLB, AND be reluctant to drop a lot of money on that particular position.
That said, we need at upgrade at the position... and that leads me to this. MLBs are cheap in the draft, pass rushers are not.
Smith, to me, was an expensive luxury item, while Chubb struck me as a need.
I guess I'm willing to take the flack if Smith has a better future than Chubb does for us... but I still think this was the correct choice.

Back
Top Bottom