Dolphins Worst Roster since 2000 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Worst Roster since 2000

That is a HORRIBLE LIST @WCUPUNK !!!!!

Mikey Day Omg GIF by Saturday Night Live

I can remember the exact place on an Alberta Highway when we traded up and drafted Dion Jordan!

Have we mentioned Eric Kumerow? First round bust in the late 80s. Jackie Shipp, a LB Shula picked was awful too ( I think he was a 1984 bust)

A 2nd round bust was a guy named Eddie Blake. Not good.

So many.,,

LS... the dude that Flores kept instead of Denney...

His name escapes me.
Taylor Pepper

Miami Dolphins[edit]​

On September 2, 2019, Pepper signed with the Miami Dolphins.[12] He was waived on April 26, 2020.[13]

San Francisco 49ers[edit]​

On September 30, 2020, Pepper signed with the San Francisco 49ers.[14] He was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list by the team on December 28, 2020,[15] and activated on February 2, 2021.[16] On February 4, 2021, Pepper signed a two-year contract extension with the 49ers.[17]

On February 25, 2023, Pepper signed a three-year contract extension with the 49ers.[18]

So whilst he may not have be the GOAT Denney, he has been viewed as consistent enough for the 49ers to in their plans for 6 years.

I honestly am struggling to think of any other LS, other than Rex Sunahara who covered for Ferguson during covid in the past 19 years!

Was bored tonight so started to think of the all time worst Dolphins roster I could create. There are a couple I didn’t include that potentially could be like Cris Carter and Bryant McKinnie because both guys were mid season pickups after injuries. Didn’t seem right to include them. Anyway here it is…

QB: Ray Lucas (free agent; 2001)

HB: Daniel Thomas (2nd round pick; 2011)

WR: Ernest Wilford (free agent; 2008)

WR: Patrick Turner (3rd round pick; 2009)

WR: Leonte Carroo (3rd round pick; 2016)

TE: Michael Egnew (3rd round pick; 2012)

OT: Marc Colombo (free agent; 2011)/Tyson Clabo (free agent; 2013)

OT: Jonathan Martin (2nd round pick; 2012)

G: Dallas Thomas (3rd round pick; 2013)

G: Liam Eichenberg (2nd round pick; 2021

C: Jake Grove (free agent; 2009)

DE: Mario Williams (free agent; 2016)

DE: Dion Jordan (1st round pick; 2013)

DT: Manny Wright (5th round pick; 2005)

DT: Jordan Phillips (2nd round pick; 2015)

OLB: Phillip Wheeler (free agent; 2013)

MLB: Dannell Ellerbe (free agent; 2013)

OLB: Lawrence Timmons (free agent; 2017)

CB: Benny Sapp (trade; 2010)

CB: Jamar Fletcher (1st round pick; 2001)

CB: Noah Igbinoghene (1st round pick; 2020)

S: Jason Allen (1st round pick; 2006)

S: Cameron Worrell (free agent; 2007)

K: Caleb Sturgis (5th round pick; 2013)

P: Jake Bailey (free agent; 2023)

Couple of notes that I thought while doing and some of my thinking behind it.

- Lots of Jeff Ireland decisions on here

- QB was hard John Beck, Pat White, and Josh Rosen could be there. Ultimately went with Lucas because his trash play when Fiedler wax hurt cost us the playoffs. Beck and Rosen were on trash teams and White never started

- Marc Colombo/Tyson Clabo were a tie. Both were suppose to be one year stop happening guys who were once solid vets with nothing left in the tank.

- Jordan Phillips is the best player on this list. Doesn’t feel deserved, he was inconsistent but he made some good plays regularly. Honestly we haven’t had bad DT play.

- Didn’t include Eddie Moore because he hardly played then retired due to a neck injury. Dude was a bust though wouldn’t argue with someone placing him above Ellerbe.

- LS is the only position not included because no one was bad. We have had god tier play from Ed Perry, John Denney and Blake Ferguson.

Let me know what you think and who you’d add.
Been mostly a lurker here since 2002 and this has to be one of the best original posts I’ve ever seen 🤣 thanks for a good laugh!

I guess if we believed everything we read....
Yup especially when they asked Marino about Yatil in year 3 when he was actually playing and his description of him was “Green”. Should have known the playbook by then.

Yup especially when they asked Marino about Yatil in year 3 when he was actually playing and his description of him was “Green”. Should have known the playbook by then.

I know Yatil started in 1997 (prior to the time frame given in the thread title). Yatil was a world-beater for me in Gameday 98 and Madden 99 :lol:. Unfortunately, it never translated to the NFL.

His injuries obviously hurt, so we never got a true look at what he was/could have been. The fact he was still behind in knowing the playbook after missing 2 years with injuries is telling.

Back
Top Bottom