Don' give away draft picks! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don' give away draft picks!

brent

Starter
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that we seem to lose our allotment of draft picks because of Wanny in recent years. Like the 4th rounder for Jay Williams, the second rounder for Morlon Greenwood, that 5th for that tight end from Chicago, the 5th for Junior Seau, the 7th round picks for QBs Sage and Cabe Mcnoun. Oh yea and last years bomb, the second for Wade Smith. When you throw in the 2 1ST's and a 3rd rounder for the only Pro Bowler we got out of trades and its easy to see why we missed the playoffs the last two years. Just compare what the Pats seem to do. They collect draft picks instead of trading them away. This year they got two one's and two (one of them ours) two's. That being said under no circumstances should we give up draft picks for Burrell!

The 2nd for Smith was not a bomb. I suppose the 4th for Washington by NE was also a bomb. But I don't think trading a pick in this situation is worth it.

how was Wade Smith 3round pick a bomb????????
Once he adds weight and some more upper body strength he will be a stable force on the left side for years to come. He did hold his own as a rookie left tackle even though he did blow some assignments. Then again left tackle is one of the hardest positions in the league.
?????????????? I question that comment

and sage for a 7th round pick was an excellent move by the way it gave us a capable backup that should of been given then opportunity to compete for the number 2 spot!

Seau for a fifth was bad?

i hear that....we can get a capable veteran QB of the FA market without having to give up draft picks for him.

I saw a report recently that showed that since '98 the Pats have the lowest % of draft picks still with the team. The Pats do well with FAs but not nec. w/ the draft.

You may not agree, and probably is not even possible. I would trade Ogun for their unrestricted free agent tackle, and guard and Brunell. But I know wishfull thinking, the Jags would never go for it and tell you the truth if I were them I wouldn't either. The only thing that would make them happy is if they got one of our picks probably a first. In that case I would say no thanks we'll shop somewhere else like I think we should anyway.

Would people yell at me if I said we gave up too much for Ricky? DON'T HURT ME!!!!

Anyway as for the lower round selections we give away, we gave up a 4th, two 5ths, and two 7ths and we got Jay Williams, Sage Rosenfels, and Junior Seau.

I mean if you did the math thats not terribly bad.

We spent two 2nds and got Greenwood and Wade Smith. Greenwood ok I see what you're sayin...and Smith certainly was given far too much responsibility in his first year. But in the end I think they'll turn out ok. However looked at in relation to some of our other 2nd round selections Chambers and Todd Wade, yeah I guess you could say they weren't up to par.

Watching him play and looking at Ricky's stats it's really hard for me to say that at least not out loud.

Originally posted by rafael
I saw a report recently that showed that since '98 the Pats have the lowest % of draft picks still with the team. The Pats do well with FAs but not nec. w/ the draft.

yeah actually that is somewhat true. Now will they keep Woody, Faulk, Law, Washington, 2 safeties and hamilton and Pleasant? hmmmmmmmmmm. I think Hamilton, Washington, Faulk, and possibly Law will be gone. belechick is going to use all those draft picks to take their places.

Let me explain the Wade Smith BOMB thing. Could we have not picked this guy up earlier with our own choices? I mean in order to aquire him/3rd rounder we gave up our 2nd this year? Ouch babe!

Back
Top Bottom