Don McNeal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don McNeal

RHoffman

DOB: Get my Ring!
Reaction score
Finheaven Members...

I am having dinner on Wednesday with Don McNeal, the 80's cornerback with the Miami Dolphins. As some of you might know...Don shares his faith and messages about resisting alcohol, drugs, etc. to school children. He is coming to the suburban Philadelphia area to speak to a couple of schools and I will be doing an article on him.

If you have any questions that you would like me to ask Don, please let me know... I should have a captive audience for a significant stretch on Wednesday and I would like to share your thoughts and questions as much as possible.

Obviously, after the article goes to print in my hometown, I will have a version up on Finheaven.com

awesome Robert - here goes:
  • what are his thoughts on the duo of Sam Madison and Pat Surtain and their level of play ?
  • does he know Mike Shula and if so would he expect Mike to get the HC job at U Alabama ?

Great!

That's what I am looking for...

I am very interested in his whole take on the Alabama situation!

Got ya...West Coast...

I wonder if a lot of the young bucks here even know who Don McNeal is?

Haven't heard of him.

Maybe you could ask him who is he for me ?

Seriously can you share your toughts about him, I don't know him at all.

hey hoff.. I do.. forever imortalized as "the hand" in my world.. as in whenever you seea pic of that run Riggns made on us in the Sb his hand is always reaching for him... ugh.

As far as a question for him- name 3 players you never wanted to line up against and what players today would you not like to have right in front of you.

hope it goes well for you big man.

I knew someone would have the

Riggins play in mind with him...and I am certainly going to ask him about it...or more to the point...whether that image still bothers him....

Re: I knew someone would have the

Originally posted by RHoffman
Riggins play in mind with him...and I am certainly going to ask him about it...or more to the point...whether that image still bothers him....
you're cruel - it still bothers me - how can it not bother him...:cry:

Fins Go To Guy...

Don McNeal was a starting CB for the Dolphins...He played from 1980-1989...He started much more early in his career and he had an injury that kept him out one year.

He was and probably is still top ten all time in interceptions for Miami...I don't think Surtain has passed him yet...

He played for two national championship teams at Alabama.

In short, he was a heck of a player...and he made Miami's Silver Anniversary 25th year team...

Unfortunately, one play he is immortalized for is getting run over by John Riggins in the Super Bowl...

which considering Riggin's size...isn't all that suprising.

One other interesting tidbit...is that he was the first round draft choice from Alabama...the year that Miami took HOF Dwight Stephenson from Alabama in the second round.

Hey...39...you know over the years...

I think he has probably heard about so much...that I will probably phrase it in a very softball manner...I think to the effect that people should know the kind of player he was...instead of focusing on one image or play like that...

Oh and yes it hurts me too...and he should never have been the last line of defense against a bruiser like Riggins.

I heard Don is a heck of an individual so I'll play the Riggins thing by ear.

-Ask him which QB did he hate the most to line up against.
-Who, in his mind, is the greatest CB ever
-Advice for our Bazinet, who is making his way in the DB world

Have fun!! What a great opportunity!!

I hate it when one lousy play becomes the symbol of any athlete's entire career, so I think it would be GREAT if that topic doesn't come up at all.

However, if he initiates any discussion of the Riggins play, you might ask him if he's ever spoken to Riggins about the play since then and what was said. You might also ask him what HE would like to be remembered for.

By the way, although it may be topical, I recommend that you NOT ask him what he thinks it would be like to cut off his own arm with a pocket-knife.

I second the motion on fin-atics q's. Realy good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom