don shula on 790 ticket at 630pm | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

don shula on 790 ticket at 630pm

Thanks .I'll be listening even though his words probably will be predictable.

What has Saban said so far?

I mean Shula. :D

Nothing special, asked Shula what part he had in the Saban hiring process, he said it was minimal, it was discussed also said he met with Saban just once for about an hour. Asked about Ricky Williams and what he would have done in the same situation a year ago, he said there wasn't much to be done but that the Dolphins had invested 2 1st round picks in him and they want to get somethign out of that, and that getting him to play would be one way of doing that. Asked what some instances of him and Marino head butting and he said that they would argue about plays called in from the side lines that didn't work, so Shula would tell him, "You had time, why didn't you change the play at the line of scrimmage".

Other than that, questions about last season and how he felt, questions about his sons and what they were doing now, and questions about general NFL stuff (good coaches, mentioned Bill Belichek and Bill Cowher).

I probably missed some stuff, but that was the gist of it. I wanted to hear his opinion on Mueller and Bowens. Oh well.

Kenny_Stang said:
Nothing special, asked Shula what part he had in the Saban hiring process, he said it was minimal, it was discussed also said he met with Saban just once for about an hour. Asked about Ricky Williams and what he would have done in the same situation a year ago, he said there wasn't much to be done but that the Dolphins had invested 2 1st round picks in him and they want to get somethign out of that, and that getting him to play would be one way of doing that. Asked what some instances of him and Marino head butting and he said that they would argue about plays called in from the side lines that didn't work, so Shula would tell him, "You had time, why didn't you change the play at the line of scrimmage".

Other than that, questions about last season and how he felt, questions about his sons and what they were doing now, and questions about general NFL stuff (good coaches, mentioned Bill Belichek and Bill Cowher).

I probably missed some stuff, but that was the gist of it. I wanted to hear his opinion on Mueller and Bowens. Oh well.

Thanks dude. :up:

Kenny_Stang said:

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Welcome.

I probably missed something, so hopefully someone else will fill in any blanks.

Back
Top Bottom