Don Shula | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don Shula

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
In 50 words or less whats wrong with Shula holding the GM posistion??

I dont know how set he is on this retirement stuff.. but I dont think anyone can argue he knows football...

So in your opinion(s) is Don Shula a good canidate for GM??

Shula has some very questionable drafts late in his coaching career......Sammie Smith over Emmitt Smith.........Erik Kumerow......John Bosa.......etc.

Love the man but not sure he is right for the GM spot......rather see him on the sidelines again.

I don't think he would be a good fit because he does not know how to deal with the salary cap. Just look at what he did at the end of his career. I think Shula should just live out the twilight of his life stress free, and not be involved in the grueling work the GM pos. would require.

I think Don was one of the greatest coaches ever, but with the structure of the salary cap I don't think he can handle the money aspect. I don't know who said it but I read that he was good at judging talent but he wasn't good with the dollar end of the buisness.

I don't remem ber who stated it in another thread but someone wrote wouldn't it be cool if Shula & Marino would buy the Phins. I think that would be great!!

Don Shula can't handle the cap game. Why would he even want to go back to working 14 hour days? He's enjoying his semi-retirement, opens up some steakhouses now and then, and has time to spend time with his family. I know I wouldn't want to leave all of that for the pressure of the NFL. I'd like to see Marino on the Dolphins staff in some capacity though. That would be sweet.

Originally posted by Dolfan954
Don Shula can't handle the cap game. Why would he even want to go back to working 14 hour days? He's enjoying his semi-retirement, opens up some steakhouses now and then, and has time to spend time with his family. I know I wouldn't want to leave all of that for the pressure of the NFL. I'd like to see Marino on the Dolphins staff in some capacity though. That would be sweet.

Lol...why? Marino was a God as a QB, but when was he ever known for his "people skills"? Can you see him in a management capacity? His staff would quit en-mass after the first a$$-chewing.

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
Alot of people had Sammie over Emmitt!Not a good example! SORRY!

Most people think Sammy was a fumbler. After further review, I think you would find that there just wasn't a grid line that Sammy was willing to cross without throwing the ball down and attempting to snort it off the field. Good ballplayer, but even a better cokehead.:evil:

Shula is way too old IMO unless they were looking for a 1 year gig before Speilman took over; and Don never did anything in FA or the draft once once FA and the cap started

Originally posted by Section126
Didn't Sammie do crack? or was it really coke?

I think they're one in the same. Crack is a more potent form of coke. Sammy went to the do right house for sale of cocaine.

Back
Top Bottom