Done with this site... AIDs are TOO MUCH | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Done with this site... AIDs are TOO MUCH

1-08-2013 @ 6:43PM: "I'm done with this site! Too many AIDS!"

Last activity: 01-09-2013 09:27 PM

:lol:

Must have turned the sound off...........:lol:.......Last Activity 01-12-2013 06:09 PM

The Ads are a bit much though...do i really need 2 home depot ads playing just off synch when im watching a youtube video? Or when 3 video ads and a static ad crash the browser.....it does get frustrating.

The Ads are a bit much though...do i really need 2 home depot ads playing just off synch when im watching a youtube video? Or when 3 video ads and a static ad crash the browser.....it does get frustrating.

Are the ads too much, or is $18 for an entire year too much?

Are the ads too much, or is $18 for an entire year too much?

The ads are overboard, that's all. I understand the reason....just saying, it's overboard.

I'm not threatening to quit, although i bet some people wish i would. If it was a dealbreaker, i'd go find some POFO posters of the past on a different sight.

Is it the fact i wont pay $18 or the fact i point out the obnoxiousness of the ad whoring that bothers?

I think the site owners could do a better job with the ads though. Most of the ads I have seen are not relevant and are almost always spam ads to low quality stuff. If they would select more relevant ads they might be able to get more revenue with less ads on the page.

I think the site owners could do a better job with the ads though. Most of the ads I have seen are not relevant and are almost always spam ads to low quality stuff. If they would select more relevant ads they might be able to get more revenue with less ads on the page.
it's supposed to be content targeted. that being said, it's tribal fusion, and they tend to run whatever, as long as it's not pop ups or pop unders etc, i'm not too concerned.

Tough for me to view it as overboard when it's paying the bills for this place.

OK, obviously it's because you can't see or hear them...lemme tell ya what popped up there when this window opened.....2 furniture vids, out of sync, playing at the same time PLUS an audiencetv ad and another static ad. If you think thats not overboard....well, just wait till the next window when its 2 home depot vids, a vid of a ship on the water and 2 static ads......

I dont expect you to acknowldege it, but the fact is, you shouldnt be running more than 2 ads up there at any one time. Hell, why dont ya remove all the forums and just run ads? Gotta pay for the site after all...........

OK, obviously it's because you can't see or hear them...lemme tell ya what popped up there when this window opened.....2 furniture vids, out of sync, playing at the same time PLUS an audiencetv ad and another static ad. If you think thats not overboard....well, just wait till the next window when its 2 home depot vids, a vid of a ship on the water and 2 static ads......

I dont expect you to acknowldege it, but the fact is, you shouldnt be running more than 2 ads up there at any one time. Hell, why dont ya remove all the forums and just run ads? Gotta pay for the site after all...........
well if you like them that much, I can create a new user group just for you that has nothing but ads, ads, ads! Let me know I can get you started right away.

Oh, whoops, sorry, didn't detect your sarcasim. I can certainly understand frustration with ads that are doubled or have sound, but when i've checked the ad content, I have not had an ad Pop up from the ad host in a long time. And I raised hell when we did.

Even this kid here was able to come up with almost $18.

Surely the rest of you are smart enough to earn an extra $1.

gangsta_money12600-1.jpg

it's supposed to be content targeted. that being said, it's tribal fusion, and they tend to run whatever, as long as it's not pop ups or pop unders etc, i'm not too concerned.

Is there a reason you are using Tribal Fusion over Google Adsense or other ad providers? I have found that Adsense ads are far more relevant.

Also, have you guys considered reaching out to local businesses to advertise directly on your site? FH gets so many impressions that I am sure you could sell ads to local businesses in South Florida for a pretty penny. Those would probably be more relevant and less spammy-looking as well.

Is there a reason you are using Tribal Fusion over Google Adsense or other ad providers? I have found that Adsense ads are far more relevant.

Also, have you guys considered reaching out to local businesses to advertise directly on your site? FH gets so many impressions that I am sure you could sell ads to local businesses in South Florida for a pretty penny. Those would probably be more relevant and less spammy-looking as well.
Thank you sir. I forwarded your idea.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom