Donovan Mcnabb Learns from AJ Feeley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Donovan Mcnabb Learns from AJ Feeley

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Link

On the day he returned to practice for the first time in nearly two months, Donovan McNabb, a one-time Pro Bowl quarterback and current franchise player in Philly, made a startling admission: he learned a few things from the way third-string quarterback A.J. Feeley ran the Eagles offense, and he's anxious to get back out on the field and give it a test drive.

"Sitting back and seeing the defense as they showed their blitz, and seeing the different schemes that our team was faced with," said McNabb, "and in some cases knowing where to get the ball out, if you had to, if you're unprotected. It comes from a different perspective, if you're sitting on the sideline or in a booth. Now, you're thinking to yourself, 'I have to get the ball out here or I have to hit the quick. I don't have that much time.'"

well, the one thing i keep hearing over and over. he manages the game well. that is really what the QB position is all about. Ask Joe Montana.

he has a pretty quick release, maybe not marino but i think this kid is gonna be good. maybe its just me, but i dont think speilman would have put his job on the line and given up a 2nd round pick for a back-up qb. this guy deserves a shot to be a starter and was not going to get it behhind mcnabb. i hope we get lucky.

I agree. Sometimes people tend to overlook that a QB needs to possess QB instincts (read defenses, manage the game) besides having all the physical tools. Case in point, JP Losman (great tools but hasnt developed his game managing skills yet).

Wow I bet you had to dig deep for that article.

Let the honeymoon begin! Love, love, kiss, kiss. Lets see what the relationship is like when the honeymoon ends, Feeley and the Dolphins fan have real life start a month into the season.

Wow its all warm and fuzzy in this thread :)

Back
Top Bottom