THE DON'S
Crystal Ball

2008 SEASON
WEEK 13 PICKS

By DonCanabis/D'BOYZ
Analyst/Godfather
brandopng-1.jpg

I'M BAAAAACK

Man it took some time but thxs to the holiday's I could free up some time and get this thing running again. Even though I haven't been able to write my column the past weeks I've been placing my predictions in the league I run and I have been doing better this past 3 weeks
Week 10
Straight up: 9-5
Spread: 8-6
Ovr/Und:5-9

Week 11
Straight up: 14-2
Spread: 11-5
Ovr/Und:9-7

Week 12
Straight up:11-5
Spread: 8-8
Ovr/Und:13-3

With these stats and after 3 or 4 weeks of awful results my record stands against the spread at 55% way below my avrg but I can't complain with some of my performances.

So the final 5 weeks of the season this is when good and hot teams usually win. Home Field advantage don't matter that much anymore so with that in mind here are my picks

Happy Thanksgiving everybody, enjoy our Football Holiday. Save me some Turkey!!!!

Tennessee at Detroit 11 Ovr/Und 44.5

Detroit the past weeks have started hot in the 1st quarter and then stop cold the rest and make tons of mistakes. Tennessee after the loss (which I called) will go back to basic and run the ball especially against one of the worst run defenses in the league.

Straight: Ten
Spread: Ten
Ovr/Und: Ovr

Seattle at Dallas -12.5 Ovr/Und 46.5

Julius Jones is back in Texas stadium but he's homecoming won’t go as smooth as he had hoped for. First most of Seattle Oline is hurt, then add the long flight in a short week and the 2 hours difference you can say what you want but this things will take a toll in the team specially a bad one.

Straight: Dal
Spread: Dal

Arizona at Philadelphia -3 Ovr/Und 46.5

I don't get Philly fans nothing is ever good enough, yes McNabb isn't what he used to but hell he's still a top 10 Qb in this league. Trust me next year when they have pushed him out the door and he's winning games for another team like Favre is, they'll regret it.... Don't you think after Rodgers 5-6 record Green Bay fans would like one more season of Favre?

Straight: Ari
Spread: Ari

San Francisco at Buffalo -6.5 Ovr/Und 42.5

Well Buffalo came back and with a vengeance, that was some game they pulled last week expect another one this week. The long trip and cold don't work well for the 49ers

Straight: Buf
Spread: Buf

Baltimore at Cincinnati 7 Ovr/Und 36.5

This is a team that wants the season to be over. And Whosyoumama wishes the franchise tag didn0t exist.

Straight: Bal
Spread: Bal
Ovr/Und: Und

Indianapolis at Cleveland -8.5 Ovr/Und 43.5

How do you expect a Qb to play when you go out and say it doesn't matter how good you play you'll be benched next year? Crennel I hope you enjoy your final 5 games that was just stupid.

Straight: Ind
Spread: Ind

Miami at St. Louis 7.5 Ovr/Und 44

S.Jackson is back and they play at home. That won't win them the game but at least will keep it close

Straight:Mia
Spread: Mia
Ovr/Und: und

New York Giants at Washington 3.5 Ovr/Und 41.5

I would like to root for the redskins but after last week when they barely beat a bad Seattle team and New York dominated a Good Arizona team without two of their best offensive weapons. I just can't.

Straight: NYG
Spread: NYG

New Orleans at Tampa Bay-3.5 Ovr/Und 47.5

Both teams played great last week and have been playing for a few weeks now. New Orleans don't play well on the road, Tampa plays great at home both teams need the Win in a tough division take the home.

Straight: TB
Spread: TB

Carolina at Green Bay -3 Ovr/Und 43

Carolina has gone south the past 2 weeks barely winning some games and losing bad last week. Green bay is still on the race and needs this victory if they want to keep their hopes alive. Take the home

Straight: GB
Spread: GB
Ovr/Und: und

Atlanta at San Diego -5 Ovr/Und 49

I don't know why but SD finds a way to lose games each week and make me look bad in the process. Atlanta is playing at a high level. And I expect them to do it for another week.

Straight: Atl
Spread: Atl

Denver at New York Jets -8 Ovr/Und 47.5

The Jets are hot right now and they have a QB that knows how to control these things. Denver is as lost as SD. Take the home

Straight: NYJ
Spread: NYJ

Pittsburgh at New England -1 Ovr/Und 40

This is the week Cassel is brought back to earth who would like to play the Pittsburgh defense after 10 days of rest man it's going to get nasty.

Straight: Pit
Spread: Pit

Kansas City at Oakland -3 Ovr/Und 41.5

One good week doesn’t mean anything in the NFL KC has been playing better for a longer time losing yes, but playing better.

Straight: KC
Spread: KC

Chicago at Minnesota -3 Ovr/Und 42

In divisional matchups in must wins and close at the level usually you should go with the home team. But not in this case; Chicago will take the W.

Straight: Chi
Spread: Chi

Jacksonville at Houston -3 Ovr/Und 48.5

Another who cares, who wins MNF, well at least it means I will sleep early this Monday.

Straight: Hou
Spread: Hou

Hot Picks
Record 38-28 (59%)
Dallas (league)
Arizona(league)
Pittsburgh(league)
New York Giants
Baltimore
Atlanta

Back