Don't Be Surprised To See Miami Draft A Db Early | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Be Surprised To See Miami Draft A Db Early

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
In looking at the snap counts for the Patriots 2018 defense, I found that 5 of the top 8 players in terms of snaps played DB. And three of those players were safeties.

So whether it's a corner or a safety, expect one early — likely in the first four rounds.

With 3 starting caliber safeties and only one corner, I would be thinking CB and it's never too early for a good one

That's if they play Minkah at safety like has been reported.

I'm of the belief that he should still play a lot of nickel CB because he was so damn good at it.

Miami also has a ton of CBs on the roster currently so I'd be curious to see if anyone like Jalen Davis can play well in this system

If this is accurate, every 1st round mock draft I've read by the "experts" will be wrong. Havnt seen us linked to a single db in the 1st.

I wouldn't be surprise by anything this team does. I wouldn't take a corner at 13 cause I don't believe there's one worth taking at that spot. I can see on in round two, specially if we move down for more picks. Regardless, we need pass rushers or our DB's won't be able to cover NFL WR's forever. It all starts up front.

I wouldn't be surprise by anything this team does. I wouldn't take a corner at 13 cause I don't believe there's one worth taking at that spot. I can see on in round two, specially if we move down for more picks. Regardless, we need pass rushers or our DB's won't be able to cover NFL WR's forever. It all starts up front.

I think you'll see a lot more scheme-related sacks because in this defense there will be stunts and overload blitzes and such.

Much different than the vanilla Burke defense.

That's if they play Minkah at safety like has been reported.

I'm of the belief that he should still play a lot of nickel CB because he was so damn good at it.

Miami also has a ton of CBs on the roster currently so I'd be curious to see if anyone like Jalen Davis can play well in this system
That's the key, very excited to see this defense under Flores

Why would anyone be surprised? OL, DE and CB are the postions most often mentioned. If we don't take one in the first four rounds I'll be amazed.

Wouldn't be surprised at all, other guys have been talking awhile now about how NE uses a lot of dbs. I would expect we add a corner and safety at some point in the draft. Probably require our 2nd round pick to get a good cb/s but maybe someone slips to round 3, or we have more round 2/3 picks by that time, who knows.... someone like Julian Love would be awesome. Slot is his position though, not boundary. Hell, bobby mccain can start while love develops and you can then move on from mccain. Thornhill is probably a 2nd too, but theres some good players we can find in rd 3 and probably beyond if vigilant (who am I kidding here lol)

But I'd value a Bradbury or McCoy in rd 2 more than a db

Wouldn't be surprised at all, other guys have been talking awhile now about how NE uses a lot of dbs. I would expect we add a corner and safety at some point in the draft. Probably require our 2nd round pick to get a good cb/s but maybe someone slips to round 3, or we have more round 2/3 picks by that time, who knows.... someone like Julian Love would be awesome. Slot is his position though, not boundary. Hell, bobby mccain can start while love develops and you can then move on from mccain. Thornhill is probably a 2nd too, but theres some good players we can find in rd 3 and probably beyond if vigilant (who am I kidding here lol)

But I'd value a Bradbury or McCoy in rd 2 more than a db

Hate to break it to ya but Bradbury will likely go in round 1 and McCoy is on the fringe of late 1 and early 2

Miami has so many legit needs that I would only be surprised if they took a WR or a RB at 13.

OL/DL/DB even LB could use upgrading, not to mention QB.

In fact, T.J. Hockenson might be too good to pass on even after drafting Gesicki last year.

I think you'll see a lot more scheme-related sacks because in this defense there will be stunts and overload blitzes and such.

Much different than the vanilla Burke defense.

Good post. I’ve been as down on Harris as anybody here, but I think the scheme will free him up for seven plus sacks if he’s healthy. If he can stand up and funnel ball carriers to the middle, he can play that position for Miami.

Hate to break it to ya but Bradbury will likely go in round 1 and McCoy is on the fringe of late 1 and early 2
Im aware, but you never know what will happen on draft day. One of them slides a little (unlikely.. slide up is more likely) or maybe we have traded back in the 1st and have a late pick now, or even jump up in the second

Back
Top Bottom